Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Order of postings on Forum muddled

#1 User is offline   Suenaga 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Sometimes the postings on the Forum out not in the correct order for me. That is, I will get to see replies to comments before I get to see the actual comments.
I'm based in Japan and wonder if that's the problem and what I can do about it.

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostSuenaga, on 10 March 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Sometimes the postings on the Forum out not in the correct order for me. That is, I will get to see replies to comments before I get to see the actual comments.

If you're looking not in the main forums interface but just at the comments sections at the bottoms of articles, the problem is most likely that by default those comment collections are sorted by the number of recommendations they've received. There's a "sort by" control right at the top of the comments that would let you change them to something more sensible.

#3 User is offline   Suenaga 

• PipPip

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postbastion, on 11 March 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

If you're looking not in the main forums interface but just at the comments sections at the bottoms of articles, the problem is most likely that by default those comment collections are sorted by the number of recommendations they've received. There's a "sort by" control right at the top of the comments that would let you change them to something more sensible.

Many thanks!

#4 User is offline   rlav 

• PipPip

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postbastion, on 11 March 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

I find the default order, with replies coming before the comments they are replies to, ridiculous and annoying, but had resigned myself to accepting it as the price of "progress". Thanks very much for the tip, but I can see only two sorting options—oldest first and newest first—with no options as to whether the resorting by popularity should operate or not.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users