Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Links between articles and related forum thread - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Links between articles and related forum thread

#1 User is offline   rlav 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Unless my memory is playing tricks with me, there used to be a small area for comments at the foot of articles, and clicking on a "More" button (or something to that effect) would take readers to the related forum thread. The advantage of that was that you were then in the right place to sign up to be notified of further contributions to that thread.

These days, it seems that pressing the equivalent button just shows more comments and a posting window at the foot of the article, and that there is no direct link to the related forum thread; that means that readers need to remember the title of the article and then take a roundabout trip to Forums followed by a browse around for the specific thread they commented on, and from there proceed to setting notification options. My first impression is that there's a clear downside and no real upside to this change; am I missing something?

(edited) While I'm at it, in my ideal world there would be easier linking from forum threads back to stories. I'm thinking of situations where I'm at for example the bottom of the fifth page of comments on a thread and want to go back to check something in the article. Right now, I think it's necessary to go back to the first page to find the link. No big deal, but since I'm talking about links I thought I should mention it as an item to put at the foot of the wishlist.

This post has been edited by rlav: 27 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

#2 User is offline   DocNo 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Your not crazy - they seem to be taking great pains to separate what's on the story pages and the forum here - and it's very annoying.

Related forum topics:

http://forums.macwor...m-for-articles/
http://forums.macwor...-forum-threads/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users