• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iTunes 10.6.1 squashes several bugs

#15 User is offline   Steve247 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

Does this fix home sharing??? My home sharing broke with 10.6. I can't stream to aTV, iPhone or iPad (but I can synch without issue). And I have tried a bunch of the fixes recommended on the Home Sharing thread in the Apple support forums.

#16 User is offline   nmpike 

• PipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

I am having issues where playcounts are not updating from my 4S... I thought it was related to iTunes Match (I only susbcribed to match my old music... left the computer on itunes match but never added my phone (the streaming of itunes match sucks and takes too long)...

When I plug my phone in to sync it, no play counts were updated...

I also hope 10.6.1 fixes the annoying 15 minute process of copying songs back and forth over and over for no apparent reason!

#17 User is offline   zarmanto 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostSteve247, on 29 March 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Does this fix home sharing??? ...

In my case, it did. The "-42408" errors that I mentioned previously were preventing me from using Home Sharing, and when I tried various steps to debug the issue I ended up losing access to the Apple Store and to all of my existing Apple Store purchases as well. It was actually quite an annoying bug, and I was pleased to see that this patch fixed it.
- 24" iMac: 2.33GHz Core2 Duo/3GB RAM/2TB HD/GeForce 7600 w/256MB VRAM
- Hackintosh: 2.3GHz AMD Quad-Core/4GB RAM/multiple HDs/GeForce 8600 GTS w/256MB
- Verizon iPhone 4
- AppleTV (2nd Gen)
- 1TB Time Capsule
- 80GB iPod Classic

#18 User is offline   classicmacs01 

• PipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostSteve247, on 29 March 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Does this fix home sharing??? My home sharing broke with 10.6. I can't stream to aTV, iPhone or iPad (but I can synch without issue). And I have tried a bunch of the fixes recommended on the Home Sharing thread in the Apple support forums.

The Home Sharing link failure with AppleTV 5.0 software is caused by the presence of an extended network, such as an AirPort Express. I had the same problem after updating to ATV 5.0. The Home Sharing link would be lost after about 5 minutes of streaming video from the Mac. Unplugging the AirPort Express solved the problem. Now if they can only fix that bug, because it wasn't a problem with ATV 4.4.4. Nice to see that TV shows will be sorted in order now that iTunes 10.6.1 fixed that problem.

#19 User is offline   classicmacs01 

• PipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Postlcox, on 28 March 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

First iTunes 10.6 crashed every time I connected and iPad or my iPhone 4. I downgraded to iTunes 10.5.3
I don't have the time nor the inclinations to debug this crap.
Now I thought maybe this crap was fixed with 10.6.1
No way. THe app won't even launch with this update.
"This version of iTunes has not been correctly localized for this language. PLease run the English version. "
Really? I'm in the US running US English.
DUH
20 year MAc user, teacher, designer.
This is cruel an unjust punishment.

I agree with Jonyo, iTunes is not your problem, a corrupt installation of Mac OS X is your problem. If you have been using a Mac for 20 years, I would think you would know how to solve this issue. Language errors are a result of OS X, not iTunes. Back up your data and do some spring cleaning by wiping your drive, reinstalling OS X, and restore your data.

#20 User is offline   zarmanto 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

View Postclassicmacs01, on 29 March 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

The Home Sharing link failure with AppleTV 5.0 software is caused by the presence of an extended network, such as an AirPort Express. ...

That sounds to me like it's entirely unrelated to the problem Steve described. Personally, I do not have an AirPort Express, and my problems encompassed all iDevices using Home Sharing, (not just my AppleTV) they started when I installed iTunes 10.6.0 and they ended when I installed this 10.6.1 update. My issues seem to've paralleled Steve's comment... hopefully the solution will too.

This post has been edited by zarmanto: 29 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

- Hackintosh: 2.3GHz AMD Quad-Core/4GB RAM/multiple HDs/GeForce 8600 GTS w/256MB
- Verizon iPhone 4
- AppleTV (2nd Gen)
- 1TB Time Capsule
- 80GB iPod Classic

#21 User is offline   classicmacs01 

• PipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Postzarmanto, on 29 March 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

View Postclassicmacs01, on 29 March 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

The Home Sharing link failure with AppleTV 5.0 software is caused by the presence of an extended network, such as an AirPort Express. ...

That sounds to me like it's entirely unrelated to the problem Steve described. Personally, I do not have an AirPort Express, and my problems encompassed all iDevices using Home Sharing, (not just my AppleTV) they started when I installed iTunes 10.6.0 and they ended when I installed this 10.6.1 update. My issues seem to've paralleled Steve's comment... hopefully the solution will too.

Interesting because I never had a problem with Home Sharing with iTunes 10.6. The only Home Sharing link problem I had was after I updated my ATV2 to version 5.0 and it was caused by having an AE set up to extend a Wi-Fi network. Music played fine, but video would always break the link. I am going to test it tonight to see if iTunes 10.6.1 fixes that problem.

#22 User is offline   zarmanto 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

View Postclassicmacs01, on 29 March 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Interesting because I never had a problem with Home Sharing with iTunes 10.6. ...

I'm pretty sure it was isolated to specific configurations; I experienced the problem on a Leopard machine, but there were no signs of the issue on my Lion machine.
- Verizon iPhone 4
- AppleTV (2nd Gen)
- 1TB Time Capsule
- 80GB iPod Classic

#23 User is offline   classicmacs01 

• PipPip

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

The good news is that iTunes 10.6.1 appears to have fixed the Home Sharing link problem with the AppleTV 5.0 software and extended networks.

#24 User is offline   OsoRobledo 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

on itunes 10.6.1 it says no supported disc burners found

#25 User is offline   classicmacs01 

• PipPip

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

View Postclassicmacs01, on 31 March 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

The good news is that iTunes 10.6.1 appears to have fixed the Home Sharing link problem with the AppleTV 5.0 software and extended networks.

Argh. Looks like the bug is still there, but now it takes longer for the Home Sharing link to break between iTunes and AppleTV when watching video content from your Mac. What broke in 3-5 minutes now breaks in 15-20 minutes. Unplugging my AE that was extending the network to my BD player via Ethernet still solves the problem.

#26 User is offline   tntoak 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postjonyo, on 28 March 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postlcox, on 28 March 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

First iTunes 10.6 crashed every time I connected and iPad or my iPhone 4. I downgraded to iTunes 10.5.3
I don't have the time nor the inclinations to debug this crap.
Now I thought maybe this crap was fixed with 10.6.1
No way. THe app won't even launch with this update.
"This version of iTunes has not been correctly localized for this language. PLease run the English version. "
Really? I'm in the US running US English.
DUH
20 year MAc user, teacher, designer.
This is cruel an unjust punishment.

Hate to say it, but I think you've got other computer problems, and itunes-specific bugs may not be causing that. You might need to do some general OS maintenance, as the only time I ever see language localization issues like that, it's an OS problem, not a specific app problem.

I downloaded it via Software Update, and I'm getting the exact same error. I haven't done anything to affect language localization settings, so I seriously doubt my OS is the cause.

#27 User is offline   zarmanto 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

View Posttntoak, on 03 April 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

View Postjonyo, on 28 March 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hate to say it, but I think you've got other computer problems, and itunes-specific bugs may not be causing that. You might need to do some general OS maintenance, as the only time I ever see language localization issues like that, it's an OS problem, not a specific app problem.

I downloaded it via Software Update, and I'm getting the exact same error. I haven't done anything to affect language localization settings, so I seriously doubt my OS is the cause.

I think you're confusing the symptoms with the cause; Jonyo wasn't saying that you (or the original poster) did anything to your localization settings; he was saying that the symptoms as described are more likely to be related to OS-wide issues, which may also be causing other issues on your computer that you haven't even noticed. The cause is likely to be some type of incorrect permission setting, or some form of data corruption -- and again, these are not things that you as the user would necessarily have done (intentionally or otherwise) to your computer; they're just basic "bit-rot" that happens to all computers over the course of time, and general OS maintenance is likely to help resolve the issue.
- Verizon iPhone 4
- AppleTV (2nd Gen)
- 1TB Time Capsule
- 80GB iPod Classic

#28 User is offline   rocketmouse 

• PipPip

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

And now, with iTunes 10.6 (either one) iPhoto launches when I run iTunes... I do want iPhoto to launch when I connect my camera, but not with iTunes. Anybody know how to fix this?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users