Epson WorkForce 845 offers speedy performance, sharp output
Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:47 AM
Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:03 AM
1) This thing "wakes up" crazy fast compared to other printers I've used over wi-fi. My last two HPs (6500A and L7500) would force me to sometimes power cycle the printer to get it to "wake up" when I sent it wireless print jobs.
2) I really like the big bright control panel. Very large and intuitive.
3) Mac Compatibility - WOW I did not know adding a printer to a Mac could be so easy. I have 5 macs in my home and as soon as I added this printer to the network all of them "saw" it and the printer drivers installed AMAZINGLY well. I have NEVER had that happen. 2 of the Macs were Snow Leopard and 3 are Lion.
4) Full Duplex printing - not something I use a lot but my daughter uses it for college notes. (Truth is I didn't even know it would do that). Works great no user intervention required.
1) The thing is HUGE, this is one full figured printer. Its actually very light in weight but much bigger than my HP6500A - A trade off I will gladly make for the fine work its doing.
2) The paper guides feel "flimsy". Nothing has broken but I'm scared to death that they will.
3) Fax interface - I like the menus on everything but the fax. Its weird the way the buttons are laid out. You can tell that someone smart did all the printer stuff and they "stuck" the fax stuff on later. Is inconsistent with the rest of the quality product. Works fine but took me forever to figure out.
Bottom Line - LOVE this printer, NEVER going back to HP.
This post has been edited by payneok: 30 March 2012 - 06:10 AM