Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451nw laser printer is nice but duplex-deprived - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451nw laser printer is nice but duplex-deprived

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Post your comments for LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451nw laser printer is nice but duplex-deprived here

#2 User is offline   mwkingsandiego 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Beware HP - I have a nice HP3390 laser MFP that I really like, BUT HP abandoned the driver at OS 10.5. I can still print but lost faxing and scanning without rebooting into a 10.5 partition (awkward). They aren't even polite enought to answer emails when I ask about updates. My sense was they were trying to discourage Mac market share when they were trying to be a computer maker, now they are trying that again but probably having financial difficulties...Mac buyer beware.

#3 User is offline   mbconwell 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Does this printer support printing from the iPhone and iPad using AirPrint?

IMO, all printers reviewed should include a mention of AirPrint compatibility.

#4 User is offline   wsrafaill 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

I just purchased the DW model and love it. I opted for this model because I wanted duplex printing with a simple "flick of a switch" and it is that simple. Check the 2-sided option in the print dialog box and that is all it takes. The printer is very fast and from investigation the speed is the same as all of the LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451 models. The wireless feature is wonderful. After the initial setup I unplugged the printer from my MacBook Pro and now both my wife and I can print using our wireless network from anywhere in our home using any of our devices: IMac, iPad, iPhones, an MacBook Pro. Any friends visiting can do the same. In addition, it is possible to email the printer and ask it to print a document from anywhere. For security, during setup you can specify which email addresses to allow to use that feature. As for printing costs, yes the toner cartridges are pricey at first glance. BUt when you account for 3000-4000 pages per cartridge versus the pages you get from inkjet cartridges, I would never buy an inkjet. They are more expensive than lasers.

#5 User is offline   iluomo_MW 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

View Postmbconwell, on 06 April 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Does this printer support printing from the iPhone and iPad using AirPrint?

IMO, all printers reviewed should include a mention of AirPrint compatibility.

http://www.lmgtfy.co...M451nw+airprint

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users