Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google Chrome

#1 User is offline   ardent 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

I have been looking at Chrome and I wondered if anyone else uses it.

If so, have they changed to using Chrome all the time or do they use it "just occasionally"?
What advantages does Chrome offer them and are there any specific things that Chrome does for them that stand out?

Many Thanks

#2 User is offline   JackMac 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

I use Chrome most of the time. It seems faster and it is a relatively slimmed down browser. I still use Firefox and Safari from time to time, but my first choice is Chrome.
The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.
Demetri Martin

#3 User is offline   seol 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Crome is faster than all other browsers

#4 User is offline   ardent 

• PipPip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostJackMac, on 10 April 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

I use Chrome most of the time. It seems faster and it is a relatively slimmed down browser. I still use Firefox and Safari from time to time, but my first choice is Chrome.

Many thanks, JackMac and Seol, it is encouraging to hear you use Chrome.
I find it so much faster and responsive and now use it most of the time. In fact, I would rate my 3 browsers (in order of satisfaction) as 1-Chrome, 2-Firefox, 3-Safari.
Ardent

#5 User is offline   ridddder 

• PipPip

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

I also use Chrome most of the time, I would suggest you use these two plug-ins in addition, Ad Block Plus, and Do not track Plus. Ad Block will block most of the irritating ads, and Do not track, will block attempts at tracking which sites you frequent. If you are like me, I don't want websites to know what I do. In fact I don't like anyone snooping around where I do not choose to let them.

Like the other users, I like the speed of chrome, I feel it translates most web pages better than Firefox or Safari. The one cravat is that Adobe Flash has a bad habit of hanging on some sites, and you get the kill this page warning. If you do not kill the page, it hangs your whole computer, even a force quit will not remedy if you wait too long. So best advice, is to avoid Flash heavy sites, and you will not have much problem.

Cheers.....

:D
"It is the province of knowledge to speak and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users