Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: iTunes Match what counts in the 25000 limitation - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iTunes Match what counts in the 25000 limitation

#1 User is offline   Muck 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Hello,

I couldn't figure out one problem with itunes Match and bought "Sams teach yourself iTunes match in 10 minutes". Lex Friedman says

Uploaded: Tracks that you didn't purchase from the iTunes store and that iTunes match is unable to identify are instead uploaded to Apple's services. Theses songs are the only ones to count against your iTunes match storage quota of 25000 songs.

My question: If I have a library of 35k songs, and iTunes could match 20k songs and uploaded 15k songs, I will have all my 35k songs availalbe? As only the 15k uploaded songs count against the quota of 25k?

Thanks for any help

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostMuck, on 11 April 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

My question: If I have a library of 35k songs, and iTunes could match 20k songs and uploaded 15k songs, I will have all my 35k songs availalbe?

Yes.

#3 User is offline   Muck 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

OK. But how is going to work? iTunes match checks the amount of songs BEFORE even matching/uploading any songs. So as soon as you have more than 25k songs (no matter if for uploading or matching) you can not even sign up for iTunes Match. Yes there are work arounds for this, let's say I managed to strip my library down to 25k songs and iTunes Match starts matching and uploading all my 25k songs. When this is finished (e.g. iTunes uploaded only 10k songs and matched 15k songs) how can I get more songs into iTunes match??? As only 10k are uploaded I should still be able to get more songs into iTunes match which I guess won't be possibe because of the 25k rule in my library on my mac.

Am I confused?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users