WhatsApp Audio Note in iPhone4 cannot save emailed file as an audio note in whatsapp
Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:49 AM
I have an iPhone 4, with iOS 4.0.2 running the latest version of WhatsApp.
I have the folowing issues :
1. An mp3 audio file sent as an email attachment cannot be saved to WhatsApp. After i tap on the attachment, the audio file does not give me
the option of saving as Audio Note. Though i do get other 'save' options.
2. I got an Audio File from a friend within WhatsApp which was 2.50 minutes long.
When i try to record an audio note, within Whatsapp, i get a 2 minute time limit. Why ?
3. Is there any way of attaching an audio file while using WhatsApp ?
Will appreciate a response or a link to solve this. Thanks.
Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:58 PM
Cool, WhatsApp Support solved it. I overlooked some basic facts . 1. Audio files cannot be downloaded/saved from an Email straight into WhatsApp, not on the iPhone. 2. WhatsApps' New Audio Notes on the iPhone have a time limit of 2 minutes.
3. Long(2.5 mins.) WhatsApp Audio Notes i received came from a phone not using iOS.
4. Not possible to attach any audio file as an Audio Note in WhatsApp, you can forward any recieved audio file though.
This post has been edited by SandeepRoy: 10 July 2012 - 02:19 PM
Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:13 PM
Im also using WhatsApp on my Android phone version 2.7.8509
I'm also using v2.8.1 on iPhone4. How do YOU send an audio file(not audio note) in iPhone4 using WhatsApp ? Please elaborate.
I can send an audio note,created in WhatsApp, with a time limit of 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, i shall reinstall & revert.