Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Twitter officially unveils more restrictive API - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twitter officially unveils more restrictive API

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

Post your comments for Twitter officially unveils more restrictive API here

#2 User is offline   hayesk 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Everyone acknowledges that Twitter deserves to make money, but they are going about it the wrong way. What Twitter could have done is tell client developer that they must display promoted tweets in the correct place in the timeline.

Instead what Twitter has done is tell people that third party clients are going away. That means everyone who reads twitter via third party client, and more importantly, the few people that have the most followers, i.e. those that provide the value of Twitter, that they must stop using third party clients too.

Not sure if that's all that smart of them. It'll take a while, but I imagine Twitter will lose users as time goes on until they are irrelevant.

#3 User is offline   northshorenerd 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

That $50 over at app.net is looking more and more like a bargain.

The fact that I'm using my twitter login to make that comment is not lost on me.

#4 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

View Postnorthshorenerd, on 05 September 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

That $50 over at app.net is looking more and more like a bargain.

The fact that I'm using my twitter login to make that comment is not lost on me.

Yep, I'm hoping App.net eventually supercedes these Bozos who are destroying the very people who helped them become popular. It's getting to the point where I'm beginning to wonder why I'm still using Twitter.

When TapBots makes an App.net client, I hope people give it a chance, and see the benefit of a paid-for service over the stupidity of freemeium advertising intrusion into our "socializing."
Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#5 User is offline   John__B 

• PipPip

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

"Twitter Officially Jumps the Shark" would've been a better headline.

#6 User is offline   Photonerd 

• PipPip

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

How about doing something about all the spambot accounts, Twitter? And no more allowing third party connections to

"follow new people"
"tweet for you"

It's ridiculous the control people have to give up over their own accounts just to get some connectivity. How about I'd like to use a service that does NOT have the right to follow new people without my consent, and only tweets what I want it to tweet?!
Basking in the glow of iPad Retina goodness.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users