Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: FontAgent Pro 5 industrial-strength font manager now offers cloud option - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FontAgent Pro 5 industrial-strength font manager now offers cloud option

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Post your comments for FontAgent Pro 5 industrial-strength font manager now offers cloud option here

#2 User is offline   Edac2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

I remembered trying FAP years ago and thinking it was OK. Then Linotype FontExplorer came out and I never looked back. FAP 5 still looks very rudimentary in comparison to FontExplorer, and a font server in the clouds sounds to me like it would be very slow.

#3 User is offline   snapjack 

• PipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

I remembered trying FAP years ago and thinking it was OK. Then Linotype FontExplorer came out and I never looked back. FAP 5 still looks very rudimentary in comparison to FontExplorer, and a font server in the clouds sounds to me like it would be very slow.

I've tried FE but found it just OK. Please enlighten us why you think FE is better.

#4 User is offline   jeremyab 

• PipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

This article isn't very clear what is actually new in version 5. Under the heading "New Features" it lists Smart Search, Keyword Search and Font Classifier, implying that they are new but they have been around since version 4. It also says "version 5’s new interface" which is funny because other than the icons, the interface is nearly identical to version 1.

I've used FAP Pro since version 1 and this article reads like an advertisement for the app rather than a thorough review. There's isn't much new that justifies the price for the upgrade from 4 to 5, or at least this article hasn't shown the justification.

#5 User is offline   snapjack 

• PipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

This article isn't very clear what is actually new in version 5. Under the heading "New Features" it lists Smart Search, Keyword Search and Font Classifier, implying that they are new but they have been around since version 4. It also says "version 5’s new interface" which is funny because other than the icons, the interface is nearly identical to version 1. I've used FAP Pro since version 1 and this article reads like an advertisement for the app rather than a thorough review. There's isn't much new that justifies the price for the upgrade from 4 to 5, or at least this article hasn't shown the justification.

You're right except it works with Adobe CS 6

#6 User is offline   jeremyab 

• PipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Correct, which is why I wrote "not much new".

#7 User is offline   SonjaR 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

After switcihing from Suitcase, I've been a happy FAP user for years. This is by far the best release yet. And now that they have a cloud offering, I may have to convert. More than anything, I love cloud based software because all updates are auto pushed. Thanks FontAgent Pro!

#8 User is offline   radse 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Great Release , CS6 plug ins , Find Fonts feature, Free Fonts via link to web google fonts, glyph viewer feature to drag and drop from FontAgent Pro and includes Smasher cache cleaning software at no charge.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users