Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Fourth-generation iPad is faster, stronger, better - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Fourth-generation iPad is faster, stronger, better

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Post your comments for Review: Fourth-generation iPad is faster, stronger, better here

#2 User is offline   glaire4206 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

I don't understand why Apple makes iPad with different LTE support. Seems like it would be much better for the customer if the iPad supported bands 1, 3, 4, 5, 13, 17, and 25.

#3 User is offline   jdb8167 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I don't understand why Apple makes iPad with different LTE support. Seems like it would be much better for the customer if the iPad supported bands 1, 3, 4, 5, 13, 17, and 25.

I think it is pretty obvious that Apple would do that if were possible with current technology. It is not in their best interest to have multiple product SKUs if they didn't need to. The iPhone 4S had only one version for all the radios but it didn't have LTE.

#4 User is offline   Shotman 

• Pip

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I was at an Apple Store this weekend and did a side-by-side comparison of my ipad2 and the 4th gen. The screen resolution comparison is breathtaking. Maybe, after Christmas.

#5 User is offline   416905 

• Pip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Wait, did Apple ever formally market or advertise , "The New Ipad" (aka, Ipad 3) as the "Ipad with Retina Display"? I know it had such a capability, but was it ever called that in their ads?

#6 User is offline   tinggot 

• Pip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Believe me.. If there's another generation of iPad debut, it's hard to say but let's all admit it.. That the one we got now is old! Hehehe I know how it feels. Merry Xmas everyone

#7 User is offline   TheHeeNow 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Last Christmas, I bought my wife an iPad 2. Too soon the iPad 3 with retina display was unveiled, and she was livid with Apple.

Now I couldn't care less about a retina display; the iPad 2 is still better resolution (in terms of pixels per inch) than my older 15" five-pound MacBook Pro which I dearly love. But I'm attracted to the light weight and battery life of an iPad...just never had a good enough excuse to buy one.

She didn't buy the resolution logic, so my devilish side figured it out. I just bought her a full-blown iPad 4 with the Black Friday discount, got the iPad 2 passed down to me, and all is right with the world. At last.

#8 User is offline   justmeblue5ft3 

• Pip

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Last Christmas, I bought my wife an iPad 2. Too soon the iPad 3 with retina display was unveiled, and she was livid with Apple. Now I couldn't care less about a retina display; the iPad 2 is still better resolution (in terms of pixels per inch) than my older 15" five-pound MacBook Pro which I dearly love. But I'm attracted to the light weight and battery life of an iPad...just never had a good enough excuse to buy one. She didn't buy the resolution logic, so my devilish side figured it out. I just bought her a full-blown iPad 4 with the Black Friday discount, got the iPad 2 passed down to me, and all is right with the world. At last.

That's funny. That is how my husband is with me LOL I remember having to have the iPad 3 so he bought me the 64gb, which is perfect for me! I haven't run out of space yet. He's so happy with the iPad 2, but I still use the iPad 2 as well. The resolution is fine! All in all I think it even a bit peppier than the 3 or retina iPad.
I had decided to get a small tablet for reading for my birthday. I tried the Kindle Fire HD, it's not for me. I didn't care for the Nexus 7, it was too small and I'm not into the Google ecosystem. The iPad mini was the last device that I tried and I'm in love with it. It's like the iPad 2 but with many more features. I didn't think it was too small to type on, but I'm a smaller woman so many it's the size of my hands. The women in the video above sounds exactly like me. I don't want a Retina display on the mini though. It's size, speed, power and features are just perfect the way they are to me.
I just love it, I find myself carrying it wherever I go and using it so much more than I did the large iPad. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to get rid of the iPad 3/Retina, which I still pull out when I want to do more "work" on it. It is a beauty but the iPad mini is just perfect the way it is.

And my husband is still happy using the iPad daily, mostly the 2, I said use any of them, the 3, whatever but he is fine with the 2. When the Retina Display on the iPad first came out it was said in many reviews or people commenting that they could not see a difference, and it was a waste, but now every other company out there is rushing out HD displays as I'm sure you noticed.

The kids use the iPads a great deal for school or entertainment so the 3 are well used and as you said, all is well!
I was ticked off when they came out with the "faster" iPad/Retina so soon after the 3, but I am gearing up for a new iMac since my husband wants mine, and here we go again!

#9 User is offline   choiceweb 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

This article's formatting seems off, at least in Safari 6.0.2. All apostrophes and quotation marks are replaced with question marks.

#10 User is offline   thefanaticfanboy 

• Pip

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

"All in all I think it even a bit peppier than the 3 or retina iPad."

Delusional woman...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users