Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Weekly Wrap: Reviewing the newest iPads, mastering software, easy backups - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weekly Wrap: Reviewing the newest iPads, mastering software, easy backups

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Post your comments for Weekly Wrap: Reviewing the newest iPads, mastering software, easy backups here

#2 User is offline   bigpics 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

I can't leave this comment where it belongs, so presumably an Editor of your various enterprises will see it here:

I wanted to comment on your featured review of the new Sony DSLR, but not only did I not remained signed in by going to your sister site, TechHive, TH wouldn't even let me re-register.

Instead it told me it "detected" (scary!) that my email addie already had a FACEBOOK account, and that I HAD to sign in using that. By clicking on the "social icon below."

Except there are no social icons appearing in an empty space below that instruction, ergo, no fb sign-in, no account creation and locked out.

I've been trying to grant you some slack during your recent transitions (and still miss a full composition editor option - and the ability to track responses to comments, and to know who's been quoted in a response when they have been, etc. - so how do you define "progress" in design exactly? Is it "dumbing down") - but this is typical of the actual FUNCTIONAL frustrations and bugs over the last year.

IDG is a big outfit, leading edge in the digital world, trend-reporting and trend-making. Right? (Right??)

And users can't even get to the forums months into having gone live.

Please get yer act together!!!

-looong time reader/viewer of MacWorld

#3 User is offline   ChrisLJ 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

TechHive is just a way for them to dump MacWorld and PCWorld articles together and not alienate one side or the other. It's just a matter of time until they go to one combined magazine, which would probably make sense economically. It all started with Apple bringing Windows users into the fold, and it's been down hill ever since. It's not any better with all of this social networking integration either.

#4 User is offline   John__B 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

And users can't even get to the forums months into having gone live.

At the bottom (gray) section of this page in the left hand column there should be a "Forums" link that points to: http://forums.macworld.com/

I have no idea why it was hidden away down there when it used to be front-and-center in the top right hand corner by the login information.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users