Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: BusyCal 2.0 remains superior to Apple's Calendar - Macworld Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: BusyCal 2.0 remains superior to Apple's Calendar

#29 User is offline   RASTERMAN 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

"Review: BusyCal 2.0 remains superior to Apple's Calendar" Wow, don't you think that headline is a bit subjective. Nothing wrong with being subjective, most of us are. It just seems more of an opinion piece rather than a review. ... Reviews _are_ opinion pieces.

I stand corrected sir! In the future anytime I see the word "Review" on this site and elsewhere, I will translate that to mean "this person's opinion."

Up until now when I've seen the word Review as part of a headline, I've always expected more than just "this person's opinion." It seems likely my expectations are set too high.

Cheers!

---RASTER

#30 User is offline   etcook 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Up until now when I've seen the word Review as part of a headline, I've always expected more than just "this person's opinion." It seems likely my expectations are set too high. Cheers! ---RASTER

A table is what distinguishes objectivity from subjectivity? And a review is not inherently subjective?

Are you joking?

#31 User is offline   loneyrw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

I'm very disappointed that you can no longer choose the amount of time to snooze events. That was a big advantage with the previous version. Yes, this is a show stopper for me. I am very surprised it wasn't mentioned in the review. Anyone have a workaround or alternative?

This is not true, at least as of v2.04 - if you use the BusyCal alarm instead of Notification Centre. But that was true of v.1.6 as well.

#32 User is offline   loneyrw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

I'm very disappointed that you can no longer choose the amount of time to snooze events. That was a big advantage with the previous version. Agree 100%. This was the only real reason to buy BusyCal. Without the Snooze it's just as useless as 10.8's Calendar app.

This is not true, at least as of v2.04 - if you use the BusyCal alarm instead of Notification Centre. But that was true of v.1.6 as well.

#33 User is offline   TheFlyingNetworker 

• Pip

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for this post. You helped me make a decision quickly and easily. The reviews in the app store are good counsel; however I always check for outside reviews too.

I truly appreciate the manner in which you break down the benefits and draw backs.

#34 User is offline   Flexibleflyer 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

BusyCal in the calendar application that Apple should have delivered. Instead Apple chose unreadable elegance over customizable efficiency and, well, just plain fun.

It has fonts, it has colors, it has bold, it has italics, it has Dingbats (if you have ‘em, it has background colors....everything you need to make calendars flavored with your own tastes. Best of all, if you have not-so-great-eyesight, you can make reminders that you can read.

Apple? Well, it’s so elegant that the skinny grey fonts are mostly unreadable by the over-sixty crowd.

Sometimes I just want to hug my BusyCal app.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users