Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: SugarSync online storage service releases 2.0 beta - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SugarSync online storage service releases 2.0 beta

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Post your comments for SugarSync online storage service releases 2.0 beta here

#2 User is offline   MattS 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

First time actually that I hear of them.

There's one feature they have that I'm really fond about, that dropbox is still missing. That is backing up and syncing ANY folder on your drive.

#3 User is offline   mwheeler 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

What? Still no syncing between local devices on your LAN like Dropbox?! Am I the only one with multiple devices who thinks it's very nice to have to only download it from the cloud on 1 device and then the others devices pull it from that 1 at super fast LAN speeds?

Does no one else care about this? I've been asking them for this feature since the first version.

I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop and with SugarSync each device has to do a separate download from the cloud for each file. If the file is a large file like an installer or video then that's just a huge waste of bandwidth and my time. I don't like waiting for the slower download when I wake my laptop from sleep when it could instead just pull the files lightning fast from my desktop which stays on and is always synced.

I guess I should just forget about their interest in solving this problem and just buy space from Dropbox. Sigh.

#4 User is offline   Glenn_Fleishman 

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

What? Still no syncing between local devices on your LAN like Dropbox?!

I double-checked with the company, and a spokesperson said that SugarSync intends to add LAN sync in an upcoming release, but there's no date set for such a feature to be added.

#5 User is offline   mwheeler 

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

What? Still no syncing between local devices on your LAN like Dropbox?! I double-checked with the company, and a spokesperson said that SugarSync intends to add LAN sync in an upcoming release, but there's no date set for such a feature to be added.

I know they've been saying that since the beginning which is why I'm so frustrated that it didn't appear in this new major release.

#6 User is offline   Backpacker 

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

How does SugarSync compare to JustCloud?

#7 User is offline   millereves 

• Pip

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

hello,

does anyone know if SugarSync, which now allows for a local sync folder just like DropBox, allows YOU to choose not just your own folder but one on an external drive? usually cloud services, if they allow for a local "drive" name their own folder and you only have the choice to choose its location but only on the internal HD drive where your OS and files are on. perplexing, since it makes more sense for not wasting space and for backup to save it all on an external drive.

2nd question: does SS or DB allow for multiple external local drives/folders to sync?

thanks

#8 User is offline   FredMackie 

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

TappIn is much better than SugarSync.

#9 User is offline   donelson52 

• Pip

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Completely messed up under 10.9.0 Mavericks. Takes 120% of my CPU for days, just to sync 300 MB which NEVER finishes. What a mess. They have had since JUNE to fix this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users