Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Post your comments for Seven tips for pain-free holiday traveling here

#2 User is offline   redgeminipa 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Nice tips. Thanks!

I really like the Macally Portable Power Strip. That would be perfect for everything I need to plug in beside the bed, and while traveling.

As for the Apple TV Case (and MANY other accessories), well, I'm sure Dollar General has something just as useful for under $5. I kinda understand the logic with some of these overpriced accessories. They're not high-volume enough for a lower price. My thought is, if you can't design, produce and sell an item in volume to drive down the price, then don't waste R&D on it in the first place. Choice is good, but it only adds confusion for many, and the end result is higher prices. Design a universally good item, price it aggressively, and market the hell out of it. If you can find a seller on eBay selling the same thing in volume a month later for half the price, someone's a little ambitious.

#3 User is offline   Kuril 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

My travel tip would be to not use a PC like the guy sitting on the cloud in this article's opening image. What a nightmare that'd be. Use a Mac.

#4 User is offline   Vafudhr 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Simple tip... leave most of you gadgets at home and enjoy the frakking holiday!! Last April I was in Prague and there was more people tweeting or instagramming or whatever than people enjoying the city.

Cheers

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users