Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Relaunched Jawbone Up is a fashionable fitness tracker - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Relaunched Jawbone Up is a fashionable fitness tracker

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Post your comments for Review: Relaunched Jawbone Up is a fashionable fitness tracker here

#2 User is offline   mgpalma 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Thanks you for the review! I've been waiting for this product to be re-released and was curious as to how it would fair in the real world before pulling the trigger. I'd like to see comparisons between it and other options, especially those that have the 'smart alarm' mode.

#3 User is offline   croz 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Suggestions for the lack of steps on the treadmill -- I put mine on my ankle and it is pretty accurate. I also do that when I am riding a bike or wearing jewelry.

#4 User is offline   henryblackman 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

I initially had the Up! before the nightmare of them going wrong, and several replacements before they admitted the flaw in the design. I liked it very much then, but it was really first to market with someone so innovative.

Nike have since released their FuelBand and this fits my needs much better. Having said that, my FuelBand has been replaced twice in 9 months - so I wonder if the band type designs are inherently flawed somehow? Nonetheless, the FuelBand for me works really well, provides bluetooth connectivity, integration with their Nike+ universe and whilst lacking recording of sleep and of food (which is really just pictures) does provide a much better experience. I wonder if the Up! is really aimed mainly at women, and the FuelBand does seem a better fit with men, given it's competitive underpinning. I felt the Up! was a little feminine, even in black, but the Nike FuelBand in white or black does seem more masculine. Whilst this shouldn't matter, it often does.

All in all, if you are more sporting than not, then the FuelBand is higher tech, part of a well established universe, and works better. If not, then perhaps the Up! is for you. Let's just hope Jawbone hasn't botched the design again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users