• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Post your comments for Mac Gems: Holiday-bundle bargains here

#2 User is offline   robertcoogan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

It would probably be fair to mention TotalFinder, a much simpler and MUCH cheaper option to PathFinder. PathFinder is really geared towards developers and tech types in general, TotalFinder is really better suited to the average home or business user who doesn't want to have to configure a lot of features right off the bat. I have used both myself. I settled on TotalFinder, it is sooooo easy.

#3 User is offline   Flexmeister 

• PipPip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

I've been using TotalFinder, and it's nice. It does everything that the Finder should do (or better: it makes the Finder do everything it should), but I found it to be very unstable. I don't know if it's the Finder's or TotalFinder's fault, but I have to restart the Finder once every one or two days.

I've been trying out Path Finder, and so far it's been stable. I'm not ready to shell out 40 bucks or even 30 (the rest of the stuff in this bundle is useless to me), but I'm still thinking.

#4 User is offline   mikegriffin 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Reminds me of buying router bits for my router. You get the set of twelve and only use three of them, and the rest remain in the box.

#5 User is offline   Bartleby45 

• Pip

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Nice of Micromat to"throw in" TechTools Pro when most of us have paid $100.00 for that application alone—in my case not even six months ago. I'll keep their newfound generosity in mind the next time they hit me up for a non-free upgrade.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users