Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Reports: AT&T rolling out FaceTime over cellular to more customers - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reports: AT&T rolling out FaceTime over cellular to more customers

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Post your comments for Reports: AT&T rolling out FaceTime over cellular to more customers here

#2 User is offline   DarkSith 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

I am on a grandfathered in unlimited plan on an iPhone 5 here in the Phoenix area and I get the warning above about using FaceTime over Cellular. There is no reason those of us with unlimited plans shouldn't have access to it since we pay $5 more a month than the regular plans cost.

#3 User is offline   NVlady 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Be forewarned that this will break your personal hotspot. To fix it, turn off Facetime over cellular, reboot the phone and try again.

#4 User is offline   kevinlane 

• Pip

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Anybody know if the iPhone 4 is eligible for FaceTime on cellular?

#5 User is offline   my2cents 

• PipPip

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

One more reason to leave AT&T. Between my two AT&T numbers, I pay over $120.00 a month on my service. I am good customer, These greedy A&T CEOs, not unlike the Wall Street crooks, think of every way possible to suck the last drop of blood out of its good customers, at the risk of losing them. After complain after complain, I am still getting drop calls and bad connections and all they can think of is to squeeze one more penny. I HATE AT&T.

#6 User is offline   kevinlane 

• Pip

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Going to answer my own question after a little research. No, it won't work on the iPhone 4. iOS 6 supports FaceTime via cellular only on the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. Rats.

#7 User is offline   namiboy 

• Pip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Going to answer my own question after a little research. No, it won't work on the iPhone 4. iOS 6 supports FaceTime via cellular only on the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. Rats.

details please, like how did you find out?

#8 User is offline   redgeminipa 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Going to answer my own question after a little research. No, it won't work on the iPhone 4. iOS 6 supports FaceTime via cellular only on the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. Rats. details please, like how did you find out?

Apple said which devices are supported for it when they revealed iOS 6. The iPhone 4 didn't make the cut.

#9 User is offline   sirtekalot 

• PipPip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

One more reason to leave AT&T. Between my two AT&T numbers, I pay over $120.00 a month on my service. I am good customer, These greedy A&T CEOs, not unlike the Wall Street crooks, think of every way possible to suck the last drop of blood out of its good customers, at the risk of losing them. After complain after complain, I am still getting drop calls and bad connections and all they can think of is to squeeze one more penny. I HATE AT&T.

The grass ISN"T any greener on the other side........

#10 User is offline   sirtekalot 

• PipPip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm in the NW Arkansas area; restarted my iPhone 5 and the option for Facetime over cellular was turned on. It wouldn't turn on before the restart. I have the grandfathered unlimited.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users