Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem after having uninstalled Mackeeper

#1 User is offline   samote 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

After having read some reviews on MacKeeper, I have installed in on my iMac. Until recently, I have decided to uninstall it (because of many comments).

However, after doing so, my iMac cannot access Internet, my iTune cannot connect to the store. Strangly, I can access my gmail account via Google Chrome. I have read one topic on "MacKeeper Causing Problems" (in July 2011). I have tried every thing there.

Can any one help, please?

#2 User is offline   samote 

• Pip

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

View Postsamote, on 22 November 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

After having read some reviews on MacKeeper, I have installed in on my iMac. Until recently, I have decided to uninstall it (because of many comments).

However, after doing so, my iMac cannot access Internet, my iTune cannot connect to the store. Strangly, I can access my gmail account via Google Chrome. I have read one topic on "MacKeeper Causing Problems" (in July 2011). I have tried every thing there.

Can any one help, please?

I am answering this to,myself. I have found the problem. It was the Avast Antivirus that I have installed before uninstalling the Mackeeper.
I have uninstall the Avast. Now, it is working fine.

#3 User is offline   PrettyLife 

• Pip

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Yes! Avast does pose problems and I also have Mackeeper installed on my macbook. This is probably a stupid question... but how do you fully get rid of an application, completely from the computer? I just would like to know how to do an uninstall correctly. I'd like to do away with Mackeeper & Mac Scan, so that it no longer can "bug" my macbook

:) Thanks

#4 User is offline   Rcovell 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Many apps have 'uninstallers' you can run to remove un-needed apps. If there's none, simply drag the app to the trash. With OS-X, most of the app will be moved to the trash which you can then empty. There may be some small pref files left over, but, they're usually insignificant.

Bob.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users