• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turkey article What purpose?

#1 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

The 5 Apple turkeys article from PC world should not have been linked to. The only turkey there was the absolute nonsense of the content. Nothing but link bait. Why does Macworld do a disservice to its readers? You credibility is damaged when you offer such trash up as worthy reading.
Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#2 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

View Postleicaman, on 22 November 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

The 5 Apple turkeys article from PC world should not have been linked to. The only turkey there was the absolute nonsense of the content. Nothing but link bait. Why does Macworld do a disservice to its readers? You credibility is damaged when you offer such trash up as worthy reading.

I agree with leicaman, and will go even farther to say that it's unfair for Macworld readers to be subjected to articles that cannot be commented upon via the Macworld forums. The Techhive and Pcworld articles require a different account and login to post commentary/feedback. If it's going to be put on Macworld, your regular readers ought to be able to comment on it from within Macworld.

Especially when the article is such a "turkey".

Does Pcworld ever post anti-pc articles from Macworld?

#3 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostTeaEarleGreyHot, on 22 November 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Does Pcworld ever post anti-pc articles from Macworld?

They have been "cross posting" for years. In the past, it has actually been a "re-print" of an article (i.e. PCWorld would actually "re-print" the entire Macworld article in their system), but that may have changed with the new website design. Regardless, being a long time PCWorld user/visitor in addition to Macworld, I have seen countless complaints about the "Mac articles" in PCWorld and how PCWorld is biased in favor of Apple because of those articles.

#4 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postsmax013, on 23 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

They have been "cross posting" for years. In the past, it has actually been a "re-print" of an article (i.e. PCWorld would actually "re-print" the entire Macworld article in their system), but that may have changed with the new website design. Regardless, being a long time PCWorld user/visitor in addition to Macworld, I have seen countless complaints about the "Mac articles" in PCWorld and how PCWorld is biased in favor of Apple because of those articles.

Thanks for the perspective. As I do not peruse Pcworld, I didn't know. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users