Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Songs copied from Droid

#1 User is offline   retpd2001 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

I just switched everything from a Droid to iPhone/MacBook. I have been able to copy my music from the Droid to the MacBook. They show in the Finder list and under music, but can't seem to get them copied into iTunes. Any suggestions? I really don't want to loose all this music. Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Chris Breen 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Postretpd2001, on 23 November 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

I just switched everything from a Droid to iPhone/MacBook. I have been able to copy my music from the Droid to the MacBook. They show in the Finder list and under music, but can't seem to get them copied into iTunes. Any suggestions? I really don't want to loose all this music. Thanks in advance.

What format are they in? Are they protected?

#3 User is offline   retpd2001 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostChris Breen, on 23 November 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

View Postretpd2001, on 23 November 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

What format are they in? Are they protected?

They are mp3's and to be honest I don't know if they are protected or not. Thanks for your time.

#4 User is offline   Chris Breen 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postretpd2001, on 23 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

They are mp3's and to be honest I don't know if they are protected or not. Thanks for your time.

If they're unprotected MP3s iTunes should have no problem importing them. If they're protect, then no.

#5 User is offline   retpd2001 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostChris Breen, on 23 November 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

View Postretpd2001, on 23 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

If they're unprotected MP3s iTunes should have no problem importing them. If they're protect, then no.

I have been trying a simple drag and drop, am I missing another way? Thanks again.

#6 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postretpd2001, on 23 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

I have been trying a simple drag and drop, am I missing another way? Thanks again.

If it is a compatible format for iTunes (i.e. unprotected MP3), then a simple drag and drop should work just fine.

The other way to try is the "Add to Library..." command under the File menu.

#7 User is offline   retpd2001 

• Pip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Postsmax013, on 23 November 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

View Postretpd2001, on 23 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

If it is a compatible format for iTunes (i.e. unprotected MP3), then a simple drag and drop should work just fine.

The other way to try is the "Add to Library..." command under the File menu.

Thought I would try here one more time. The files are unprotected MP3's. They will not drag to copy or when I "add them to the library" the task bar acts like it is downloading but they do not show up. I called Apple care and they could not figure it out either. So I thought I would try here one more time before I give up. BTW, I also tried copying them to a flash drive also but that didnt work either (vs copying directly from my old Droid). Thanks for the responses!

#8 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postretpd2001, on 26 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Thought I would try here one more time. The files are unprotected MP3's. They will not drag to copy or when I "add them to the library" the task bar acts like it is downloading but they do not show up. I called Apple care and they could not figure it out either. So I thought I would try here one more time before I give up. BTW, I also tried copying them to a flash drive also but that didnt work either (vs copying directly from my old Droid). Thanks for the responses!

What do you mean you tried copying them to a flash drive? What specifically did you do and what specifically happened?

Also, I am assuming the music files play fine on the Droid. Is that a correct assumption?

Also, where did you get the MP3 files. It might help us determine if there might be some sort of copy protection (frankly, I doubt there is...most music sold digitally through most, if not all, sites is now no longer copy protected).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users