Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apps in Other Locations Using an app that isn't in your region

#1 User is offline   yackatmack 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I was recently visiting Montreal and found that there was an app for my iPhone that would allow me to contact a cab company and arrange transportation. When I tried to download the app, I was told that it was not available in this country (meaning, I assume, the United States since that is where my Apple ID shows me to be).

Is there anyway to get around this? And why would an app be restricted to one country or another?

Thanks for your insight(s)!

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

View Postyackatmack, on 26 November 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

I was recently visiting Montreal and found that there was an app for my iPhone that would allow me to contact a cab company and arrange transportation. When I tried to download the app, I was told that it was not available in this country (meaning, I assume, the United States since that is where my Apple ID shows me to be).

Is there anyway to get around this? And why would an app be restricted to one country or another?

Thanks for your insight(s)!

There's not really a way around it short of establishing an account in the local app store for your current location.

The "why" part of your question actually has two answers:
1. *You* may not be able to download it in that country because you don't have an account with that country's store.
2. An application may actually be unavailable in some countries because the laws of the country don't allow that specific app to be sold in its current form or because for any other reason the application developer simply chose not to make it available on that country's store.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users