Page 1 of 1
Views in iPhoto
Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:18 PM
Is there a view that shows what albums a picture has been put in? I need to find out what pictures have not been put into an album.
I am not aware of any built-in view, but I could be missing something.
However, there is a "work around" that you could use to could achieve what you want. You could use the following steps:
1) Go into an album.
2) Select all pictures in that album (i.e. Command-A)
3) Select "Flag Photos" from the "Photos" menu (or Command-. that is Command-"period"). This will put a little flag on the upper left corner of every photo in that album.
4) Repeat steps 1-3 for each album that you have.
5) Go to the Photos list/item in the iPhoto sidebar.
6) Scroll through all the photos. Any photos without a little flag in the upper left corner should not be in any album...in theory.
Note that I came up with and tested this in iPhoto 9.4.2. Older versions of iPhoto might be a little different...even to the point of this not working.
The other option is to buy Aperture. Aperture does have more robust filter/search options and I did find a filter that will show all photos not assigned to an album. And Aperture can now interchangeably use the iPhoto library. Of course, Aperture is $80 (but that is much less than the $200 or so that I paid for it prior to Apple creating the App Store and putting Aperture in the App Store), so you might not want to spend that kind of money just for this function. Of course, Aperture has many other improvements over iPhoto...but you might not use many or any of them.
[soapbox]Back up = good...No back up = bad[/soapbox]
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1