Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Create a basic resume with Resume Designer for iOS - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Create a basic resume with Resume Designer for iOS

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Post your comments for Review: Create a basic resume with Resume Designer for iOS here

#2 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

The last thing one wants is to have a generic résumé that doesn't stand out, or one that doesn't focus on what makes you worth hiring. I am so thankful I don't have to go through the hiring process.

Last time I did a job hunt was when I applied for over 50 jobs. Because of my education (the grad school I attended) I always came in either second or third place. But I had "too much experience" to get the job (read: too old). The news business likes cheap, recent j-school grads. One classmate at the Birmingham paper was honest enough to admit the fact that it was because I was too old, but his hands were tied.

Good luck to all the job seekers out there. I would hate to be looking now! I have the best job in the world for a photographer. A staff position with long-term job security. A rare commodity. A good résumé helped me get in the door. If it had been too generic they would have tossed it.
Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#3 User is offline   hgwells 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Absolutely correct, LM.
Tough world today and hardly just or fair even for the qualified.
So many resumé "consultants" are still recommending the same-old-same-old from many years ago. Nothing to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users