Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Apple gets sales ban on some Samsung Galaxy products in the Netherlands - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apple gets sales ban on some Samsung Galaxy products in the Netherlands

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Post your comments for Apple gets sales ban on some Samsung Galaxy products in the Netherlands here

#2 User is offline   larswik 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

It's amazing that companies can even patent something like "scroll through a photo gallery using a touchscreen. ". The world needs patent reform big time. Even IOS developers can't use the word "Memory" in its name when making a game. Someone created a game called "Memory++" and was warned by the people who own the word "Memory".

Some day all the words in the world will be patent and we will have to pay fees just to talk.

#3 User is offline   Hologram 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Well, I guess the Android boys and girls won't be able to claim that Apple lost to Samsung everywhere but in California. At least for a few weeks anyway. They appear to have short memories, so in a couple of weeks they'll be making that claim all over again and not feel like they're lying.

This post has been edited by Hologram: 28 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

#4 User is offline   plutoman 

• Pip

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I am getting sick of this. It's petty bullcrap and wasting millions of dollars and time they could be using developing more advanced technology. Apple's legal department needs to be downsized bigtime...they are creating these lawsuits to keep the people employed that are creating the lawsuits. This also adds to the price of my Apple devices I'm sure. It's all just sickening. larswik is right. it's ridiculous that words and motions are being patented...

#5 User is offline   MikeNTosh 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

It's petty bullcrap and wasting millions of dollars... blah, blah, blah... This also adds to the price of my Apple devices I'm sure.

Sooo, winning over a billion from Samsung adds to the your price, because it (according to you) wastes millions. What math are you using???

larswik is right. it's ridiculous that words and motions are being patented...

Although I agree that the patent system itself does need to be redone, I don't agree with these other statements which are clearly misguided and inaccurate.The word "Memory" is a trademark name of a GAME. The "word itself is not patented. Obviously, just like any other product name within an industry. This wouldn't be limited to iOS game development in any way, shape or form. It would apply to any GAME manufacturer that also want to name their game Memory. Just like you can't make tissue and call it "Kleenex".

Again the patent isn't for, "scroll through a photo gallery using a touchscreen." It is for the method right down to the minute details of exactly what is being shown, including the glimpse of the next picture as well as the way it bounces back. There is a lot of time, money and resources (let alone the idea of it) that goes into that. For another company to painstakingly copy and use it exactly on another product is ridiculous. If it was your idea, time, money and resources used to make it, I'm certain you would feel differently.

#6 User is offline   NaRu7o 

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Well, I guess the Android boys and girls won't be able to claim that Apple lost to Samsung everywhere but in California. At least for a few weeks anyway. They appear to have short memories, so in a couple of weeks they'll be making that claim all over again and not feel like they're lying.

Well, I guess the apple fanboys and girls will keep talking smack even though the idea of claiming copyright infringement on a touchscreen (that Apple didn't even invent or think up themselves) is a joke. Don't worry, they'll come up with something else to sue someone over and eventually Apple will claim the air you breath and sue the whole world. Stay classy fanboy.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users