Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: How Do I Find All of The Day's New Articles? - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Do I Find All of The Day's New Articles?

#1 User is offline   mactechinfo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I will leave the issue of the redesign of MacWorld to those more qualified to comment.

I just want help to use the MacWorld website in a similar way to how I have been using it for years. For years I have loaded www.macworld.com/news and read all the added articles on that page. By doing this it seemed I was able to keep up to date with all the new content on the site.

My question is - how do I do that now? It doesn't seem that there is a page that I can go to where I can see all new articles. I notice that there is a Top 9 feature, but is that all the new content or just some of it? If there isn't a page with all new articles, I want to suggest that changes take place so that there is. I am freaking out at the moment that I am missing important content that I have read in the past and now is slipping through my fingers, purely because I don't spend the time it would take to go to all the subpages of the site.

Any advice appreciated.

Philip

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

View Postmactechinfo, on 28 November 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I will leave the issue of the redesign of MacWorld to those more qualified to comment.

I just want help to use the MacWorld website in a similar way to how I have been using it for years. For years I have loaded www.macworld.com/news and read all the added articles on that page. By doing this it seemed I was able to keep up to date with all the new content on the site.

My question is - how do I do that now? It doesn't seem that there is a page that I can go to where I can see all new articles. I notice that there is a Top 9 feature, but is that all the new content or just some of it? If there isn't a page with all new articles, I want to suggest that changes take place so that there is. I am freaking out at the moment that I am missing important content that I have read in the past and now is slipping through my fingers, purely because I don't spend the time it would take to go to all the subpages of the site.

Any advice appreciated.

Philip

www.macworld.com/news is likely as close as you are going to get, as I far as I know. It is a reverse chronological order of news articles. I honestly cannot say if that is ALL the articles or not...likely only staff from Macworld could answer that...and they have seemed to have gone quiet about the whole redesign after asking for feedback and then getting tons of negative feedback.

The other possibility is to use the "Story Discussion" forum here in the forums. The flaw with that approach is that it will also show "old" articles with new comments as being "new"...not just "new" articles.

The only other possibility might be the RSS feed. Since I don't use it, I cannot say if it is going to be better or not. There have been some users who have complained about how the redesign screwed up the RSS feed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users