Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: AT&T still at bottom of Consumer Reports rankings, but boasts best 4G network - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AT&T still at bottom of Consumer Reports rankings, but boasts best 4G network

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Post your comments for AT&T still at bottom of Consumer Reports rankings, but boasts best 4G network here

#2 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

LTE gives AT&T an edge

Unfortunately, although I get great 4G reception at work, I am reduced to 1 bar or even--gasp--Edge network speeds at home, where I struggle with ATT's network on my new iPhone 5. Sadly, this is where I need data the most, and it may force me to go back to Verizon. And I'm not in a rural area, either: ATT's coverage map shows full LTE at my address. It's just a pity that I was misled by the coverage map when shopping for a carrier. :(

This post has been edited by TeaEarleGreyHot: 29 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

#3 User is offline   jltnol 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ugh! 9.12MB down? I'm on Verizon and usually get twice that much on the LTE network....

I just got off of ATT and couldn't say goodbye fast enough. Where I live, New Orleans, everyone I know who has ATT is unhappy.

I'm glad to be on Verizon, who managed to keep it's network up and running during Issac... On ATT, forget about surfing the web, or phone calls... text messages were the only thing going thru... SOMETIMES...

I have no doubt in other cities things are different.... but for me... I could never go back to ATT.

#4 User is offline   KPOM 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I can believe this. It's been night and day in Manhattan ever since LTE arrived. AT&T's HSPA+ network here is overloaded, and I hate when I drop back down to it. When I'm on LTE, though, it is very usable, even when there's lots of wireless traffic.

#5 User is offline   RicD 

• PipPip

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

My understanding is in the USA there is not any 4G. It is LTE or something else that they are calling 4G.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users