• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Post your comments for Remains of the Day: Executive orders here

#2 User is offline   drdreric 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Funny you should mention ceiling fans....

I take it you have seen the indiegogo project?

#3 User is offline   whitedog 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Apropos of an ad I saw when I first loaded this page - the "100 Things Every Mac User Should Know" ebook. It's not available in a version you can read on the Mac. It's iBook only. No doubt Macworld limited the ebook in this way to keep the price down (as I've been told on other occasions), but what use is a Mac centric ebook to someone who doesn't have a Mac, as, apparently, most iPad and iPhone users do not? This seems penny wise and pound foolish to me. As someone who doesn't have an iPad or an iPhone, I find this kind of discrimination against Mac users - by a publication that still includes the word Mac in its name - to be both objectionable and irrational - just as I do Apple's refusal to make a Mac version of the iBook Reader. Obviously they both believe Mac users are no longer their core audience. Macworld should just go ahead and change its name to iWorld, as the folks who put on the once famous Macworld Expo have done with their trade show. Then, like the expo, they can go from ubiquitous to invisible over night.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users