Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: "recommend"-ing comments reorders them incorrectly - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"recommend"-ing comments reorders them incorrectly

#1 User is offline   michaelant 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

On the main story page (not in the forums) when I click to upvote someone's comment, i.e. to "recommend" it, the page refreshes (not really, but effectively does, it jumps you to a new spot on the page) and puts you at the very bottom of the page, out of sight of any of the comments you were just reading. So, you lose your place among what you were just reading, and have to scroll up to find where you were. Then you find that the order you were reading the comments in has changed. I usually go Oldest First. But, after you recommend a comment, you scroll up to the beginning of the comments to find that the one you just recommended is now sitting first at the top, and the list of comments has been reordered as Most Recommended. But your comment you just upvoted is not actually the one with the most votes. Also, often to get back to where you were reading in the comments, you now have scroll down and click Show More to reveal all the comments again.

Yeah, I didn't take the time to condense that to make it more digestible. However, it's a buggy bug, and if you follow what I've written, you may see the same errors. 10.7.5, Safari 6.0.2

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users