• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Post your comments for Q&A: Mountain Lion's notifications here

#2 User is offline   chris0071 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Can you tell me why they took away the snooze time variable in the alerts in notifications? When there's a notification alert that comes from iCal for instance, you have the choice to snooze but you cant choose for how long anymore and I don't know why nobody did a piece on this. Every calendar program has this feature and Apple just took it down in this release.

#3 User is offline   LionKiller 

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Because they are intent on taking out useful features to make room for more "whizzbang stuff" that I won't even bother to look at, because I don't have time to make a career out of keeping up with their changes. Apple is starting to pi$$ me off as much as Microsoft ever did. I'm becoming very resistant to updates, and I refer quite intentionally to "updates" rather than "upgrades".

#4 User is offline   PJ37 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Can you tell me why they took away the snooze time variable in the alerts in notifications? When there's a notification alert that comes from iCal for instance, you have the choice to snooze but you cant choose for how long anymore and I don't know why nobody did a piece on this. Every calendar program has this feature and Apple just took it down in this release.

I can't tell you why Apple did this, but I agree with you: it was a poor decision!

#5 User is offline   LJBorg 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

I think I have Notification Center behaving but I can't seem to get a handle on the ones that appear within Calendar for my shared calendars. Everytime an owner makes a change to a calendar, I get a notice I have to acknowledge in the invitation area. It's very annoying and I've found no way to control it despite making adjustments via iCloud, shared calendar preferences and on the associated iOS devices.

#6 User is offline   cocoflores 

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

What sound notification for FB don't work?

#7 User is offline   Localboy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

If you're unhappy about the removal of variable snooze timers - which to me makes notifications basically unusable - please be sure to provide Apple with your constructive feedback. What were they thinking?!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

[just click one of the Macs for feedback on the OS]

#8 User is offline   Pen13531 

• PipPip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

You can drag the message to the right and it will pop right out of your view. Useful for the software update notification because it forces you to choose either update or show.

#9 User is offline   AChemist 

• Pip

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I see only "Snooze", not "Show", on Alert Notifications. Am I missing something? Calendar entries are shown if I click anywhere other than in a radio button in an Alert Notification.

#10 User is offline   golf25radioman 

• PipPip

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I too am not happy with the change Notifications had on the Calendar reminders. With iCal you could choose a specific length of time to remind you again, Notifications just pops up every 15 minutes (or close to that). You either Close it or Snooze. If you want to be reminded again you have to Snooze - so all day long every 15 minutes these pop back up. Not happy. Calendar used to be one of my essential apps to manage my time/projects. Now I'm getting numb to the reminders popping up.

Oh, on my iPad these reminders (they're sync'd) pop up and if I haven't used the iPad all day they are stacked on top of each other (best way I can describe it) so to get to the iPad you have to hit Close repeatedly. I power down out of frustration - I think it is faster than hitting Close until they're all gone.

Apple - give me back my Calendar reminders, like they used to be...

#11 User is offline   macKARMA 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

I like this new notifications feature...just can't figure out how the Facebook notifications are coming through ...very intermittent...does not update as get updates on FB...can't figure out how it determines or feeds...a bit of a mystery at this point...hoping it is bug that will get fixed in next update b/c it is useful to me to see in sidebar along with messages...but only if it is up to date.

#12 User is offline   boumy 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I Totally agree with the lack of option to choose the time for next alert. But I would like something more flexible and more handy to set than the former iCal reminder panel. This ability to set the reminder should be also present on iOS.

#13 User is offline   scotchan 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Not only can you no longer choose the snooze time, but these calendar alerts pop up at times that aren't set! I get alerts all day long whether I "snooze" or "close". It's absolutely horrible. I don't want to shut them off because I need them to go off when I set them to, but keeping them on is a huge annoyance! Apple, please fix this stupidly implemented feature. Bring back the days of Snow Leopard when we actually had some control over what our Macs did. This iOS-on-my-desktop nonsense is getting old fast!

#14 User is offline   EOrcholski 

• Pip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

I think I have Notification Center behaving but I can't seem to get a handle on the ones that appear within Calendar for my shared calendars. Everytime an owner makes a change to a calendar, I get a notice I have to acknowledge in the invitation area. It's very annoying and I've found no way to control it despite making adjustments via iCloud, shared calendar preferences and on the associated iOS devices.

I have this same problem, and it's driving me nuts. I get notified every time my husband makes changes to his calendar, but strangely when I make changes he does not get notified. I called AppleCare and the rep spent about a half-hour trouble-shooting with me an he was stumped too.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users