• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Post your comments for The ups and downs of iTunes 11 here

#2 User is offline   marthal118 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

iTunes11 is one of the worst programs that I have been unfortunate enough to load on my computer. I didn't have any idea that this was so bad, and, in fact, I didn't even know it was going to be installed when I did Software Update (my bad). I spend about 90 minutes on the phone with an AppleCare consultant two nights ago. She was very nice, but she wasn't able to help me at all (my first question was about getting to see two windows at a time, which isn't possible). She told me she was going to have her supervisor call me back that night -- no call back. My goal today is to downgrade to iTunes 10.7 but I really don't appreciate having to devote this much time and effort to undo what Apple has done. Do NOT upgrade to iTunes11 unless you really want to be frustrated.

#3 User is offline   BoxOfSnoo 

• PipPip

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I like it. The typography is *significantly* better. The automatic background color for albums is wonderful. I miss DJ, but I'll manage.

Oh and Ping is gone, yay!

#4 User is offline   sbrisky 

• Pip

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

So far I am actually happy with iTunes 11. Podcast syncing is working well. I like the views. It gives me the control I need. I have a large library, not like Kirk's but big. I am pretty anal but I guess not as much as Kirk. I feel that it makes me want to play with iTunes and listen to my library. Up next makes perfect sense to me. It does what most people want. To queue up a song or two and not have to hover over you mac. You can make playlist and add to them if that is what you want. The mini player is better. Airplay functions are better. Artis view is pretty good. Songs view gets the job done. The cloud stuff is great, streaming TV and Movies cool. This is an iTunes for the future. I understand that it is not perfect but it is better than I expected.

#5 User is offline   bagman1301 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I like it too. It does everything that I used to do and more. It is an elegant, simple and straight forward design. It feels integrated as opposed to the fragmented feel of previously designs. Is it different ? Yes it is. But I think for the better.

#6 Guest_amazme1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Who cares about iTunes 11 when my $450 Apple iPhone 5 can't receive phone calls in my 2012 Infinity M37X. Apple has a lot bigger issues than iTunes 11. Take for instance Time Machine's slowdown with Mountain Lion, or Mountain Lion's battery draining issue on MacPros. These are real issues and Apple has't done anything to resolve them.

#7 User is offline   chrisconner 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Who cares about iTunes 11 when my $450 Apple iPhone 5 can't receive phone calls in my 2012 Infinity M37X. Apple has a lot bigger issues than iTunes 11. Take for instance Time Machine's slowdown with Mountain Lion, or Mountain Lion's battery draining issue on MacPros. These are real issues and Apple has't done anything to resolve them.

I have a car which is half the price (2012 VW Polo, £16000, around $20000) and my iPhone 5 works just fine with calls... Do Americans not put bluetooth phone systems in cars? I also play audio and can browse the phone book all within the radio... It's not the iPhone's fault your car can't function.

#8 User is offline   serowell 

• Pip

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I Hate It! I don't think Steve would like it either...it's ass backwards of all the previous versions.

#9 User is offline   Abhinandh 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

I actually like the new iTunes but I really miss the coverflow effect for my artwork :(

#10 User is offline   edwrd 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

I like 11, but the short song names do get annoying in all views (except Songs listing view), Classical music have tracks like this: "Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": I. Allegro ma non troppo, Un Poco Maestoso"

For example this album (Beethoven: Symphony No.9 Overture "Corialan", Karajan), outside of the indexing numbers and the first track, every track looks like:
2 Symphony No. 9 in D Minor ...
3 Symphony No. 9 in D Minor ...
etc

Turning attention to MacWorld's website itself, maybe you guys should do an internal review about the way this website looks, basically it is very ugly, sorry it but it is, I only complain because I visit here regularly, otherwise I would not give 2 sh*ts.

#11 User is offline   edwrd 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

(Correction) The songs titles show a little longer than what I wrote earlier, and this is in album view and where I have rated the album, so additional space is taken up by the stars graphics:
2 Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, O...

In other views like Artist, Genre, and other similar layout, there is additional room:
2 Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": I....

Makes one feel powerless when you realize there is nothing you can do to expand that in place, you need to find the track it in Songs view or Get Info to see the full title. Sure, most song titles aren't that long, but iTunes should be able to handle something fundamental like this.

#12 User is offline   paulmerrill 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

So far I am actually happy with iTunes 11. Podcast syncing is working well. ...

It doesn't work perfectly for me. Some of the podcasts I subscribe to won't update. And I can't figure out how to make them update. :(

Where in the iTunes interface, other than on my iPhone panel, does podcasts appear? I can't find it ANYWHERE!

#13 User is offline   piciovr 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

A real mess.... since I downloaded it, my iPad and my iPhone don't syncro the app anymore..... I'll go back to iTunes 10

#14 User is offline   tennwalker15067 

• Pip

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

I Hate It! I don't think Steve would like it either...it's ass backwards of all the previous versions.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users