• Group: MW Bot

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Post your comments for Buying Guide: iPhone 5 cases here

#2 User is offline   redgeminipa 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

I like the OtterBox. My only complaint is the thickness of the sides along the screen. They get in the way when trying to type, and they make it very hard to drag apps/folders from one screen to another. Otherwise, it's a great case. I bought it along with my iPhone 5 a couple of days ago.

#3 User is offline   rob53 

• PipPip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

I finally received my bamboo/composite Grove case. I didn't get the beautiful laser engraving but the case is fantastic. It's solid and doesn't interfere with the display. Of course, I believe there's still a couple month backorder. These cases are handmade by a group of enterprising young adults in Portland, OR, not by some injection molders in China. If you want a unique case, check them out at http://www.grovemade.com

#4 User is offline   COBill 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

I would think the wallet-style cases would erase the magnetic strip on credit cards over time.

#5 User is offline   RadioMan19J 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

What I really need is a wallet case - with a belt clip.

#6 User is offline   eyemahsource 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

You should include the only company with lawyers who have the courage to offer a truly waterproof case, Lifeproof. This the only case that I feel safe with at the beach, in the rain, in a boat, in the dessert, around small children, in a combat zone or in the kitchen. Expensive perhaps, but good insurance for an $860 device that my life depends on and on which I can depend to preserve resale value. There is even a supplementary orange floatation collar should you go overboard which doubles as protection from a.d.d. kids throwing it across the room.

#7 User is offline   redgeminipa 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

You should include the only company with lawyers who have the courage to offer a truly waterproof case, Lifeproof. This the only case that I feel safe with at the beach, in the rain, in a boat, in the dessert, around small children, in a combat zone or in the kitchen. Expensive perhaps, but good insurance for an $860 device that my life depends on and on which I can depend to preserve resale value. There is even a supplementary orange floatation collar should you go overboard which doubles as protection from a.d.d. kids throwing it across the room.

I've researched those. They look pretty good, but some reviews mentioned that they can, in fact, leak water.

I may try one out, though. I like that they're pretty slim, unlike the OtterBox Defender.

#8 User is offline   Galland10 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

This is "the" case for protection from sand, water, and young children. Mine offered protection when my two year old grandson became violently car sick while playing Toca Trains in his car seat. Both child and phone went straight into the kitchen sink with no lasting damage!

#9 User is offline   gdav98 

• Pip

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Why not Lanskin.com on the list? Been seeing alot of corporate types wearing these lately and seem to becoming very popular. Just got mine for the iPhone 5 and i love it.

#10 User is offline   arlt1105 

• Pip

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I may have misunderstood your comment "...but good insurance for an $860 device that my life depends on ...", Lifeproof does will not replace your iphone if the case fails, they MAY ONLY replace the case if they find that the failure was not the owners fault.

This is from Lifeproof's site:

Liability

LifeProof shall not be liable for any consequential, incidental and contingent damages arising from, but not limited to, the sale, installation, use or repair of its products. LifeProof warranty does not, under any circumstance, cover the replacement or cost of any electronic device or personal property inside or outside of the case. Notwithstanding any other provision of this agreement, LifeProofs' maximum combined liability shall be limited to the cost for the specific product only.

I have had my Lifeproof case for 3 weeks and I will be returning it due to the screen guard being warped (LIfe proof and BestBuy state that that this is normal) and adversely affecting the screen responsiveness, the case buzzing when I use the speakers and the clumsy earbud adapter.

The Otter Defender or Gumdrop look attractive at almost half the cost. I;ve had the Otter on an iphone 4 and the screen guard was unnoticeable, no buzz, no silly adapter and I dropped my phone from about 4 feet with no damage.

Good luck.

#11 User is offline   tomson 

• Pip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

My phone always seems to find water, so i just got a lifeproof waterproof case. It also has bumbpers cause i always drop it. I got it for $80 but later found it cheaper at http://www.etradesupply.com . Since i got it i dropped it in water once, and dropped it several times. So i probably saved a few hundered on a cracked LCD... or fried motherboard.

#12 User is offline   WineGalDT 

• Pip

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Here's a cool and unique iPhone 5 case, http://www.cortizza....-on-cork-case/. It has a thin layer of very smooth cork fabric on a hard shell. It's lightweight and waterproof - I've been very happy with it!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users