• Group: MW Bot

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Post your comments for Make text more readable on your iPad mini here

#2 User is offline   redgeminipa 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for the tips. I almost forgot about that setting.

I finally found a Mini + Cellular yesterday. I called everywhere around here, and they were either out of stock or hadn't received any yet. A Target employee tried to argue with me that the Mini doesn't come in a cellular flavor, since they don't have them and there is no display space for them. I sternly corrected her.

We ended up landing at a Verizon corporate store, which was the only one of two around here who had any stock at all. We wanted two 16GB white models, but had to settle for one 16GB and one 32GB, both in black.

#3 User is offline   tbsteph 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Wait for the Mini 2.

#4 User is offline   macwmaurice 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Strange that with Accessibility not all text in the Apple apps is increased, that makes the iPad (mini) only half accessible...

#5 User is offline   GarryWright 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

As much as I love the iPad Mini, it's very annoying that so long since it's launch virtually no apps have been updated for it. Out of hundreds of apps that I own only Photoshop Touch has so far bothered to patch for iPad Mini compatibility - absolutely ridiculous!

Apple aren't exactly helping to encourage developers, as the built-in apps are also yet to be fixed, indeed from the moment you turn it on you face an unlock keypad that almost requires Steve Jobs infamous sanded down fingers!

Please Apple don't delay any further in fixing the OS and built-in apps to fully support the Mini screen size. I suspect it will rapidly become the best selling and standard iPad size unless you can make the large iPad as thin and light. Sadly the large iPad actually went backwards since version 3 to fatter, heavier, hotter etc.

#6 User is offline   hayesk 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

As much as I love the iPad Mini, it's very annoying that so long since it's launch virtually no apps have been updated for it. Out of hundreds of apps that I own only Photoshop Touch has so far bothered to patch for iPad Mini compatibility - absolutely ridiculous! Apple aren't exactly helping to encourage developers, as the built-in apps are also yet to be fixed

If developers use Apple's guidelines, then they should be fine. A standard 44 point high iPad button on the iPad mini is the same physical size as a button on the iPhone as they share the same ppi.

#7 User is offline   spanky 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

One other option is to see your optometrist. 8-)

#8 User is offline   gudac 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Very well presented!!
Good Job Lex

#9 User is offline   thetimchannel 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hope to be getting my first tablet soon. I have been waiting for Apple to iterate to this level. Don't care about retina enough to wait since I am at the point where I dam near need glasses just to see the fingers at the ends of my hands as it is now. LOL. In the meantime I have been loading up my iPhone4 with a lot of Apps that I assume will just jump right over to my new iPad Mini. Lot of the top paid camera apps.

I didn't like the first iPad because it lacked camera. Once I played with a few of the bigger ones I also realized it would get heavy to hold. I suppose I could have had any number of wanna be 7" tablets by now, but the Apple ecosystem is worth it's weight in gold IMHO. One other ditty. I will be going with whatever is the smallest capacity tablet because I went to Spotify so I wouldn't have to carry so much music. Also, the cloud. YMMV. Enjoy.

#10 User is offline   Paradise 

• PipPip

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

As much as I love the iPad Mini, it's very annoying that so long since it's launch virtually no apps have been updated for it. Out of hundreds of apps that I own only Photoshop Touch has so far bothered to patch for iPad Mini compatibility - absolutely ridiculous!

What needs to be done? The screen has the same dimensions as the iPad 2. Everything is already compatible with it. If it's too small, well, you did buy a smaller device. Put on some reading glasses.

#11 User is offline   homiedontrightclick 

• Pip

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I bought the mini for my mother this year for christmas. I played with it in the store and came home and ordered it the next day. Its a pretty sweet little tablet. I own an iPad2 and iPad3, and the mini is like a shrunken version of the iPad2. If you're not someone who cares about the lack of a retina screen (like my mom, who only checks email, goes on facebook, and surfs the web) its a perfect little tablet. Since I already own two, I probably won't buy a mini until they release a retina version, though. That screen has ruined me on my iPad 3! I can't go backwards now.

#12 User is offline   Paul 

• PipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

The iPad's screen size was chosen by Apple to be the smallest they thought would provide a great experience. I think they got it spot on. The mini seems to be here just as a response to the competition and their over sized phones. It will always be a compromise, but it's price is lower and will attract buyers due to that and it's better portability. At least when browsing and in email, you can double click text and it will expand to fill the screen.

#13 User is offline   floey 

• Pip

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm new to the iPad but I do like it. My problem is not the text for the incoming e-mails being small but the outgoing text font being too small for some of my friends to read. We're old and need a larger font. So is there any way to get the font larger for them. On my regular notebook, I set the font to 14 or 16 but the iPad is very small. Unknown as to what size font is produces on the other end. I thought changing the font to very large in your description above that it would make the font larger for the outgoing mail but it doesn't. I don't need it large on my end because as you said, I can use my finger to make it bigger.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users