• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Post your comments for Speak up: Fill out our audience survey here

#2 User is offline   kiwigm 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

You're joking surely? A survey to find out about readership which dumps you out as soon as you say you're not in the US?
I can sort of understand that the prize draw is limited to US residents but to have no interest in what your international readers think seems very short sighted!

#3 User is offline   fds 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Heh, I appreciate how short this survey was. One question and done. I hope that feedback helped.

#4 User is offline   iBookinLA 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Got to the page asking what types of tech equipment was used at work AND what the upgrade plans were. "I don't know" was not an option. Couldn't move beyond that page with blanks in any line.

Tried contacting the tech support email address at the bottom of the page, but never heard from anyone.

Oh, well. I tried.

#5 User is offline   Kruge 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for wasting my time - How about a warning that you don't give a [censored] about anyone who doesn't live in the US?

#6 User is offline   Rogeruo7x 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Come on! I answered pages of interesting questions that might legitimately be considered a "reader survey" then there were several pages that were only about my non-technical purchasing potential. After a couple of pages of having to click a score of "neither" boxes, I gave up. I understand you have advertisers to feed but it's insulting to expect us to do this work for you for a tiny chance of winning $500.

#7 User is offline   steveb09 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Don't care about what anyone in Canada has to say? Well I don't care to subscribe to your publication, consider my subscription cancelled :-)

#8 User is offline   nikmagnus 

• Pip

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

This survey seems nothing more than a trawl for advertising or push for product placement. Took me 10minutes to get to 65% and most questions were about "do you expect to buy in the next year....". When it started asking about wine / spirits and 4wd and luxury cars, I quit. Nowhere are the actually interested in what we think, only what we want to BUY.

Since the change of web site a few months ago, I think Macworld has gone downhill. Heaps more advertising, big text making it less fun to read on an iPhone and hey what happened to relevant Mac / iOS news?

Once my first click into the Mac news world, Macworld frequently underwhelms and comes after macrumors, apple insider xlr8 and gizmodo. The new Macworld is decidedly mouldy.

#9 User is offline   GamerChase 

• Pip

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I have to say, it's a little bothersome to find that my favorite Apple blog doesn't give a rat's furry behind what I'm "interested in," simply because I don't live in one of your precious United States. If you mail magazines outside of the US, then your advertisers (which frankly, are probably what the survey really goes to) should be interested in what global customers think.

Maybe it's time to shift my focus more toward TUAW (tuaw.com) or Mac Rumors (macrumors.com), and away from Macworld. :(

#10 User is offline   nikmagnus 

• Pip

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

See you later guys! I am replacing Macworld with tuaw for my daily Mac news. Hope you all get good advertising from Macworld into the future. I'll probably see you over there!

#11 User is offline   Peninsula 

• Pip

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

You've lost your North guys. In a global market not caring about your neighboring countries (or the others for that matter) is very shortsighted. I was sincerely interested in helping you shape the publication (and get rid of the f***ing slideshows in the process if possible) but you dont care. Just don't care. Oh well. Bye, bye!

#12 User is offline   MikeNTosh 

• PipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

This has got to be the most fraudulent article that I've ever read on here!!! This was obviously really only about my consumer purchasing potential. Although you boldly claim within this article that states, "...what you like about the site, what you don’t like about the site..." there was no opportunity whatsoever to give this information at all.

#13 User is offline   wlunscher 

• PipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I was originally peeved about being dumped for being outside the U.S., but on reading these comments seems MW was doing me a favour!

I think I'll swear off trying another survey. The 5 minutes they're supposed to take lasts half an hour, and the prize you're supposed to receive rarely arrives (and who do you complain to?!); and, of course, the questions are often inane.

#14 User is offline   mosley 

• PipPip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Don't take the survey! It's a fraud, a front to get advertising money by using Macworld readers to participate in a shopping survey. It's filled with PC stuff, nothing to do with this site and even asks if I'm going to buy printer paper in the next 12 months!

I've noticed an sharp disengagement of readers from this site. Before, there were lots of comments (sometimes hundreds) on well written articles from Dan, Lex etc. Now the best may get up to 20 but usually nothing at all.

This article has 12 comments so far. All negative. So at least it has got us annoyed. Such a shame. I wish the Macworld nerds WOULD stand up to this takeover of the site by fancy, inane, presentation-over-substance, advertising-grabbing, numbskulls.

Do you really think we're so stupid?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users