• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Post your comments for Remains of the Day: Always bet on Cook here

#2 User is offline   thinkman 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Suzanne Pleshette!? You do know that she's at least 143 years old. But then again, for all I know, so are you ツ

#3 User is offline   Spock 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I was a loyal T-Mobile customer who left them only because they did not offer the iPhone. I loved their customer service, and their phone unlocking policy. As soon as T-Mobile starts offering nationwide 3G/HSPA+ service for the iPhone, I will switch back.

I think the big two carriers have abused the 'subsidized phone' system, with their phone locking and double-charging for data. It is about time someone cut through the crap and offered customers clear choices without the smoke and mirrors.

#4 User is offline   TomZink 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Suzanne Pleshette!? You do know that she's at least 143 years old. But then again, for all I know, so are you ツ

You missed his reference to one of the greatest conclusions to a sitcom of all time. Google it and hang your head in shame!

#5 User is offline   MacTechAspen 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Suzanne Pleshette!? You do know that she's at least 143 years old. But then again, for all I know, so are you ツ You missed his reference to one of the greatest conclusions to a sitcom of all time. Google it and hang your head in shame!

I was thinking the same.

Next thing you know these whippersnappers will say they never even played "Hi Bob!"
Life, like wine, is all about balance.

#6 User is offline   cat4ever 

• PipPip

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Umm, the Susanne Pleshette link takes you to the Newhart show, the one about the New England inn keepers. Sorry, wrong decade, try the "Bob Newhart" show. Now she's even older.

#7 User is offline   cat4ever 

• PipPip

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Ohh, now I get it. First time I clicked the link it didn't take me to the right section.

#8 User is offline   John 

• PipPip

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

The last two minutes of that show made it the best, most imaginative and utterly surprising final episodes in the history of television. Period. It is to sitcoms what Apple's 1984 spot is to TV commercials.

It is hilarious to think that the entire run of the series was absolutely nothing but a totally bizarre dream of Bob Newhart.

#9 User is offline   pawhite524 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Suzanne Pleshette!? You do know that she's at least 143 years old. But then again, for all I know, so are you ツ The last two minutes of that show made it the best, most imaginative and utterly surprising final episodes in the history of television. Period. It is to sitcoms what Apple's 1984 spot is to TV commercials. It is hilarious to think that the entire run of the series was absolutely nothing but a totally bizarre dream of Bob Newhart.

Could not agree more. And for my 2 cents, Bob Newhart, the stand-up comedian, was one of the most creative and funny people of his time, bar none. His "telephone call" act was pure genius.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users