#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Post your comments for Fill your home with holiday music here

#2 User is offline   LiquidD 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

I use Spotify and Airfoil when I want an Xmas variety that I don't have locally.

Basic actions like Pause, Next, etc I'll use BTT Remote too.

#3 User is offline   sensel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Snow Leopard can also send to multiple AirPlay devices. I Airplay music to Apple TV in LR (to stereo speakers), my iMac in office, and an Yamaha AV receiver in a basement media room.
More and more AV receivers have AirPlay on them.
If you have an A and B speaker receiver, you can have stereo speakers in two rooms play. That is old tech but, sounds the best!

#4 User is offline   Mikofox 

• Pip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I've been using one of these FM transmitters for years and it works very well. No expensive airplay equipment needed.

http://www.ccrane.co...spx#prodDetails

#5 User is offline   sensel 

• PipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

You left out Tunein radio, which lets you choose and save favorite radio stations on an iOS app and OSX on the Tunein web site or play via the Tunein Roku channel. Some local radio stations play holiday music. Many classical stations are commercial free. Try WBJC in Baltimore for classical holiday music (they seem to transmit at a very high bit rate) or one in your city or, anywhere on Earth!
Some of the subscription options give you a two or more week trial. If you have not tried out MOG (or any of the others), this would be a good time to do so. They all have problems and it is good to see which one if least of a pain for you to use. (The Spotify UI and UX drives me crazy but others, love it.)
Be careful when buying Airplay on an AV receiver; Be sure it comes with wi-fi built in or included or that you have at least a spare newer "n" style Airport wi-ri router on hand. Despite what you read on the web, the older Airport Express "g" models will NOT work for this purpose (unless you use WDS, which you should not, ever.)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users