#2 User is offline   Quadrat 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Bad autoplay video! Bad! Bad!

#3 User is offline   akeller 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I don't really care if you guys get off showing your home movies on the web site but please have the courtesy to turn off autoplay.

#4 User is offline   brilor 

• PipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Annoying music, had to turn it off on each page.

#5 User is offline   rottenberries 

• PipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

you have to be kidding about personal capital. the non-starter is the heavy use of flash - only idiots use flash. then it was unable to find my accounts even after being given access.

#fail! you got my hopes up: mint is totally worthless and i was looking for an alternative. looks like personal finance on a mac is just not doable. all the available apps are flawed to the point of uselessness. and webapps are even worse.

#6 User is offline   rottenberries 

• PipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Annoying music, had to turn it off on each page.

just block it. it's probably some flash-based crud. another argument for never installing that adobe garbage on your computer .....

#7 User is offline   morgankrane 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Wow, is this really the bet of the best of 2012? Granted there are some cool items on the list, I can't help but feel disappointed with it. Mac products are a given, but Tweetbot, MacJournal, a stylus, and bluetooth speakers? They all make me yawn. Wacoms are still Wacoms. I can't remember the last time I uttered the name Handicam. And Crashplan used to be unlimited, but now I'm supposed to be satisfied with 10GBs for 1.50/mo. I can't help but feel Apple is the only interesting innovator out there and even they are beginning to bore me. Apple TV software update 5.0 is still half-baked, and iTunes 11 is more of an Office-like disruption than a step forward. How can these be the bright lights of 2012. Did innovation die with Steve Jobs? No. So then, where's the beef?

#8 User is offline   Kenoodle 

• PipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

I installed Fusion/Windows on my Mac primarily for Quicken for Windows. Why hasn't Intuit come to the iOS/Mac party in full regalia?

#9 User is offline   saguaro 

• PipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Personal Capital? They are paid for the services they offer you by the people whose services they offer. That is a conflict of interest. At least they are up front if you read the conditions of use.

#10 User is offline   whitedog 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Annoying music, had to turn it off on each page. just block it. it's probably some flash-based crud. another argument for never installing that adobe garbage on your computer .....

There's no need to avoid Flash altogether: Just install the ClickToFlash Safari extension and auto-play Flash elements are dead - until you want to see them.

#11 User is offline   chimerical77 

• PipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

To my astonishment, Macworld likes Apple products, and a lot of them!

#12 User is offline   Azurite 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

you have to be kidding about personal capital. the non-starter is the heavy use of flash - only idiots use flash. then it was unable to find my accounts even after being given access. fail! you got my hopes up: mint is totally worthless and i was looking for an alternative. looks like personal finance on a mac is just not doable. all the available apps are flawed to the point of uselessness. and webapps are even worse.

What about LearnVest? They have a free option and a capable iOS app (iPhone only for now, unfortunately), and the web interface is easy to use and actually USEFUL, compared with Mint, which throws arbitrary numbers at you or lets you make up budgets vs. what you actually have.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users