Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Apple sells 2 million iPhones in China, amid Wall Street worries about demand - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apple sells 2 million iPhones in China, amid Wall Street worries about demand

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Post your comments for Apple sells 2 million iPhones in China, amid Wall Street worries about demand here

#2 User is offline   LynnRCarter 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

So, is there no recourse for unprofessional work from analysts that have a serious impact on stock prices?

Maybe a serious upward swing in the stock price will cause the losers who sold Apple to take it out on the firms that hired these "professionals".

This post has been edited by LynnRCarter: 17 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

#3 User is offline   fnoguchi 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

So, there's a "perceived softness" in demand for the iPhone 5, huh? Well, Apple is no fool and has just announced Brazil, among other countries in South America, as markets for the iPhone 5. I'm quite sure that will impact the demand (up).

I was in Colombia and Mexico recently and you just can't find an iPhone 5 (regardless of color/configuration) anywhere.

And there are those reports of the iPhone 5S being already in production...

I have had one for several weeks now and am perfectly happy with it. And yes, Apple has NEVER made anything so beautiful...

#4 User is offline   Hologram 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

What a disaster. It's only the first weekend and Chinese demand has "wiped out" two million iPhones from Apple's inventory.

This is terrible news. Now Apple has to order parts and go build a whole bunch more, just before the holidays too. Why can't Apple give analysts anything positive to write about?

Apple can't survive much longer if it keeps on doing this. :)

This post has been edited by Hologram: 17 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

#5 User is offline   Diesel50 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

If I was wrong as much as these analysts are i would loose my job. I have never seen an industry full of such [censored] that could not get there act straight if they used a laser level.

#6 User is offline   Bob_Hudson 

• PipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Only $1.3 billion in sales in the first three days - what a stinker!

#7 User is offline   bradleys 

• PipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

What a disaster.......Apple can't survive much longer if it keeps on doing this.

Absolutely. Apple is DOOOOMMEEDD for real this time. Tim Cook is running Apple into the ground with all these sales reducing the inventory. Apple is clearly selling all these iPhones just to make it look like they cant keep up with demand. Typical Apple marketing tactics.

#8 User is offline   bradleys 

• PipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

"Wall Street analysts"....."Citi’s trio of Apple analysts"......."Two other industry analysts, UBS and Jefferies"

Maybe credible tech news sites should stop reporting anything from "analysts" unless it includes the actual real name of the person who writes the analysis.
Stopping them hiding behind the word "analyst" and exposing the person behind the writing might just improve the quality of the analysis by a notch or two (and give us a target to throw rotten fruit at).
Having said that however, there are some who just dont care about being named and shamed as the Macalope attests to 3 times every week.

#9 User is offline   josu 

• PipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

To put the figure in context read this article of Cody Willard in Marketwatch.

http://blogs.marketw...s-fundamentals/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users