What the end of Google Sync means to you
Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:22 AM
Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:18 AM
very angry right now.
Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:03 PM
Tried outlook....hated it. Not helpful, I know but I gave it a shot. If you're used to GMail outlook feels like a giant step backward.
Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:17 AM
1. Most of the companies don't allow gmail or any other google services except google search because of the data steeling issues with google.
2. If google takes this decision forward to implement, they will, for 100% sure start losing customer base.
3. Instead of paying for gmail, ios users will start paying for apple's mail, which is still far better.
4. outlook and yahoo have equally speedier and performance refreshed mail services which would sync with ios devices.
5. Stepping stone of failure starts like this. Good luck google.
Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:59 PM
I'm not sure why iOS users would pay for a service that is free.
Personally I dislike GMail. I got one because at the time I couldn't afford a .Mac account but frankly once I could I never looked back and now I never have to.
The thing that annoyed me the most about GMail is that it doesn't create a standard IMAP or POP account and does things its own way. Exchange does too but it works well for M$ and in general it works well but GMail doesn't work well at all. I have often found e-mails not synching correctly on my Mac and iOS devices.
There are so many better systems in place than GMail I can't think why anyone would ever want to use it.
Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:32 AM
I guess, you are one of those in the minority group who think that Outlook.com is a giant step backward from gmail.
In my opinion, it is quite a step forward from gmail. At-least UI wise.