• You cannot reply to this topic

What the end of Google Sync means to you

#15 User is offline   robertcoogan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

What does this mean?

Goodbye, Gmail.

With all of Google's tracking cookies and scripts, with all of their many unsecure Android variants, Big Brother can go away. Forever out of touch, operating under the guise of "open" standards while collecting every scrap of your personal information.

#16 User is offline   PlanetStar 

• PipPip

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

I'm so happy that I don't know what I have been missing - if anything at all. Who would even think of setting up a Google account on an iOS device using the Microsoft Exchange setup.

The GMail setup is what 999,999,999 out of 1,000,000,000 will pick and probably has picked when they setup up their account on an iOS device.

And I really like the move away from a Microsoft standard to a world industry standard like IMAP and CalDAV.

Thank you, Google! We don't need proprietary standards!

#17 User is offline   jankm 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Just curious,what kind of rules are you referring?

A rule to Mark as Read. I have a lot of mailing lists that I'd like to keep in my Inbox, but I don't want them to be New. With so many devices alerting me of new mail, I like to keep that to a minimum.

#18 User is offline   Swift2 

• PipPip

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Most of all, in this fight for standards, everyone's selling you THEIR idea, and the problem is you learn not to trust anyone. I found out recently, syncing my iPhone 5, that if you set up all the e-mail accounts, with Apple syncing and Exchange and whatever, it took me three weeks to figure out why one calendar was making 8 copies of one set of items from a Google calendar? It was difficult to track down which thread was polluting what, where the feedback loop was getting the input. So I shut them all off and then turned them on one at a time. I can't use that troublesome calendar, and it was hard how to figure out which one was bad.

I do think that industry-based standards are the way to go, but I think the government should have the ability to regulate a dispute when the public right to a world network that serves OUR right to know and to read and see and watch.

#19 User is offline   jinxs1591 

• Pip

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Your top 3 choices for a replacement would be: 1/ iCloud mail, 2/ Yahoo mail, and 3/ Outlook mail.

most should start looking at zoho mail

#20 User is offline   RachPreludeinD 

• Pip

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm so tired of these tech companies screwing users because they are trying to screw each other. I lost my push Gmail when my iPhone broke and I got a replacement. The Gmail app for iOS sucks. Google blames Apple, and vice versa. I'm dumping Google because of this nonsense. I'm dumping Gmail, Adwords, Search, YouTube, and every other property they own. Will anyone care? Nope. But, I'm just tired of relying on a company that treats its users like this.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users