• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What the? Basics

#1 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

So, I'm reading the site and I click on the Macworld Podcast story. At the top of the article is a big black box with the words, "This video is not supported by your device."

Say what? Way to make it sound like my iPad's fault, and not an apparent lack of basic skills on the part of the staff at Macworld to choose the right video format for a large proportion of it's reader base.
Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#2 User is offline   Chris Breen 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postleicaman, on 22 December 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

So, I'm reading the site and I click on the Macworld Podcast story. At the top of the article is a big black box with the words, "This video is not supported by your device."

Say what? Way to make it sound like my iPad's fault, and not an apparent lack of basic skills on the part of the staff at Macworld to choose the right video format for a large proportion of it's reader base.

It's a CMS glitch. Our podcasts are audio only and that content is found via the story's download link and embedded player, which you'll find below the phantom video. Bug reported.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users