Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Upgraded to Mountain Lion -- iTunes tells me my iPhone is new (which it isn't)! - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgraded to Mountain Lion -- iTunes tells me my iPhone is new (which it isn't)!

#1 User is offline   brokentelephone 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

As per the title,

I've just upgraded to Mountain Lion, and plugged in my phone only to find out it thinks my phone is brand new (it's an iPhone 4), and thus wants to either setup as new, or from a backup (which I don't have; only have from brand-new empty ipad 4).

Any ideas? It appears the computer has no knowledge of my iphone -- is there somehow I can point it to an older profile of the phone?

Thanks so much!

#2 User is offline   brokentelephone 

• Pip

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postbrokentelephone, on 25 December 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

As per the title,

I've just upgraded to Mountain Lion, and plugged in my phone only to find out it thinks my phone is brand new (it's an iPhone 4), and thus wants to either setup as new, or from a backup (which I don't have; only have from brand-new empty ipad 4).

Any ideas? It appears the computer has no knowledge of my iphone -- is there somehow I can point it to an older profile of the phone?

Thanks so much!

Also, it still connects to the comp fine and photos from iphone sync w/iphoto -- seems like an itunes issue?

#3 User is offline   brokentelephone 

• Pip

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postbrokentelephone, on 25 December 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

View Postbrokentelephone, on 25 December 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

As per the title,

Thanks so much!

Also, it still connects to the comp fine and photos from iphone sync w/iphoto -- seems like an itunes issue?

Throwing caution to the wind I decided to just let the computer set it up as a new iphone, and voila, it just recognized it as it was before the upgrade.

Hopefully this thread will help the other guy who has this problem and isn't as risk seeking as meĀ±!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users