Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Evernote 5 for iOS improves user interface, note organization - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Evernote 5 for iOS improves user interface, note organization

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Post your comments for Review: Evernote 5 for iOS improves user interface, note organization here

#2 User is offline   IanMan 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

I find http://lifenote.it a much simpler way to manage my notes and tasks. Basically it's like twitter for notes.

#3 User is offline   fjpoblam 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I stumbled upon Evernote many years ago, when Google announced the end of Notebooks. I've been addicted to it ever since. I recently bought in to the premium version not necessarily because I need the premium features (although I may someday). But because I want to support the company and keep it alive. I'm weird that way. My only gripe with Evernote is on the laptop version: I find the screen capture transaction a bit awkward, and text recognition a little flaky. Oh well, it's a hard life. The latest GUI changes are truly nice.

#4 User is offline   conradoconnell 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I find http://lifenote.it a much simpler way to manage my notes and tasks. Basically it's like twitter for notes.

I really like the native element of Evernote as well as the third party support. Nearly any reading app can export anything (text, images, ect) to evernote in the app or via the evernote email address. That is a powerful feature along with web clipping on the desktop.

#5 User is offline   wardoggie 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Another Evernote fan here. I haven't used the iOS versions too often, but the service itself has changed the way I research my writing assignments, as well as organize the daily data that clutters my life. Thanks to Evernote, 1Password and Dropbox, I have almost eliminated Post-it® notes from my desk.

#6 User is offline   kcwookie 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I love it so much that when a year and three months of premium was included with the MacHeist bundle last year, I bought nearly four years of service. It is the best.

#7 User is offline   michtyme 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Evernote is cute, and functional, but for crying out loud why isn't there more flexibility in the organizing function? There needs to be at least one more level of organization (folder equivalent) and better options for sorting and viewing..... Cute but much less potent than one hopes for.

Does anyone else miss Mori (originally called Hog Bay Notebook)?

I keep hoping something like Evernote will give me the satisfied and organized feeling Mori did, but alas no. In fact the nostalgia is so bad that periodically I revert to Mori even though it has not been supported/developed for 4 or more years. The reversion has not been helped by the fact that it appears to work better in ML than in any OS since 10.2.... Are there any others like me out there?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users