Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Compact Kanex MySpot extends an Ethernet network to Wi-Fi - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Compact Kanex MySpot extends an Ethernet network to Wi-Fi

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Post your comments for Review: Compact Kanex MySpot extends an Ethernet network to Wi-Fi here

#2 User is offline   bilbo 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Nice review. After reading this it's hard to see any real advantage to this device over an Airport Express other than price.

The fact that the MySpot can be powered off of a USB port seems mostly pointless. Since the MySpot also needs to be connected to the Ethernet cable, then plugging it into my computer's USB port would force me to keep my computer near the Ethernet cable, thus defeating the purpose of Wi-Fi. So I'm sure most people would end up plugging it into an AC adapter.

It's even harder for me to imagine that anyone's bag is so tight on space that they could fit a MySpot but not an Airport Express in their bag. This is exacerbated by the previous point. Since most people wouldn't plug it into their computer for the reason I described, that means you need to pack an AC USB adapter in addition to the MySpot anyway.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users