Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

kill k9filter

#1 User is offline   JohnWB 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I have K9 Web Protection filter installed on my Mac running OS X 10.8.2. For my own interest's sake, I am attempting to kill the k9filter so that I can access unfiltered internet through safari on my mac. Here is what I have tried. I open activity monitor and find a process name called "k9filter". I then reference the PID number for it. I open terminal and type this command: "sudo kill -9 (PID)". As soon as I do that, the PID number immediately changes in activity monitor, and the process continues to run. I have tried this multiple times, and each time the PID simply changes to a different number and the process continues to run. So my question is: Is there an alternate way to force quit this application? (Note: I am the administrator of this computer and I have the root user enable for this account.)

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostJohnWB, on 12 January 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

I have K9 Web Protection filter installed on my Mac running OS X 10.8.2. For my own interest's sake, I am attempting to kill the k9filter so that I can access unfiltered internet through safari on my mac. Here is what I have tried. I open activity monitor and find a process name called "k9filter". I then reference the PID number for it. I open terminal and type this command: "sudo kill -9 (PID)". As soon as I do that, the PID number immediately changes in activity monitor, and the process continues to run. I have tried this multiple times, and each time the PID simply changes to a different number and the process continues to run. So my question is: Is there an alternate way to force quit this application? (Note: I am the administrator of this computer and I have the root user enable for this account.)

According to the manual, you should be able to put it into "Monitor" mode to get full access (still logs traffic). You, of course, will need the K9 Admin password to do that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users