Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Attaching and emailing photos in Mountain Lion - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Attaching and emailing photos in Mountain Lion

#1 User is offline   jpreston 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

When attaching and emailing photos in Mountain Lion to a recipient using Windows, apparently they arrive either embedded or are distorted as an attachment. The same photos emailed from older Mac OS's arrive correctly as an attachment. If the same photo is attached and emailed via Mountain Lion without any text, it arrives correctly as an attachment. Is this a common bug tied to Mountain Lion?

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

View Postjpreston, on 28 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

When attaching and emailing photos in Mountain Lion to a recipient using Windows, apparently they arrive either embedded or are distorted as an attachment. The same photos emailed from older Mac OS's arrive correctly as an attachment. If the same photo is attached and emailed via Mountain Lion without any text, it arrives correctly as an attachment. Is this a common bug tied to Mountain Lion?

I am not aware of any way to change that effect directly.

The only thing that I could think to try would be to go into the preferences and under Composing switch from "Rich Text" to "Plain Text". That might do it. Of course, all your email messages will be plain text messages.

#3 User is offline   jpreston 

• Pip

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postsmax013, on 31 January 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

The only thing that I could think to try would be to go into the preferences and under Composing switch from "Rich Text" to "Plain Text". That might do it. Of course, all your email messages will be plain text messages.

#4 User is offline   jpreston 

• Pip

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Postsmax013, on 31 January 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

#5 User is offline   jerrila 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

I found that the easiest way to overcome this problem is to put any photos that you are emailing into a folder. Then attach the folder to the email. For some strange reason, Windows has no problem viewing, opening or saving photos that are attached to Mac emails in this manner.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users