• Group: MW Bot

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Post your comments for Great iOS Apps for Bargain Hunters here

#2 User is offline   redgeminipa 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

I snagged a deal a couple of days ago, but I found it on the Best Buy app. It gives you a list of Open Box and Clearance items at your favorite Best Buy locations. Hint: the app usually shows prices that the main website says "Visit Store for Details" in the price field.

They had an Open Box 2012 Mac mini 2.3 Core i7 ($799 configuration) for $721.99. Then they applied a 10% off coupon for Open Box items, taking it down to $649.79. Then I redeemed $15 in Reward Zone certificates, taking it to $634.79 + tax.

If I had to guess, the original purchaser returned it because of the HDMI display problem. I read on the Apple forums that it's supposed to be fixed in 10.8.3. I can handle that. :)

#3 User is offline   fmd18 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Just downloaded SaleSorter. Great app for deal-searching as well. Has great location and preference settings. Check it out.

#4 User is offline   OfferBeam 

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Great article. I think the author missed OfferBeam. OfferBeam is a proximity "offer" app. Nothing better than real-time deals. OfferBeam is available for iPhone and Android platforms. Overall, the consumer wants deals and offers, most of the apps offer different options in bargain hunting.

#5 User is offline   Slice 

• Pip

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Thank you for including Slice here. Since this article is about bargain hunting, I thought you should also know about Slice's Price Drop Alert feature, which can help people get money back on things they've bought.

If Slice notices that something a user has bought has recently dropped in price, we'll notify the user of which item, how much the potential savings is, and we'll provide a link to their receipt and to the merchant's customer support email and phone numbers. It usually takes only a minute or two to claim the price adjustment. Some of our users have gotten hundreds of dollars back!

More info here: http://priceadjustment.slice.com/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users