• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Post your comments for The Macalope Daily: Backlash here

#2 User is offline   rottenberries 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

don't forget this brilliant piece of reasoning: http://www.economist...as-apple-peaked

as with most articles titled with a question mark, there's always an easy answer ....

#3 User is offline   technologist 

• PipPip

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Apple has been "beleaguered" for most of its history. The last eighteen months or so have been nothing sort of bizarre for anyone who knows anything of Apple's history.

I, for one, welcome this return to normalcy.
And now a word from our lawyers.

#4 User is offline   mcobbe 

• Pip

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Apple must innovate! Innovate, I tell you! Yet...

From a comment on the Washington Post article by "bantheignorant" (I did not make this up):

"As to why I'm hesitating to get an iPhone 5, it's partly due to price and partly due to the fact that I have dozens of incompatible devices now that they "improved?" the plug. Stupid move I think and meaningless as far as useability. Same goes for the new iPad and Mini. None of my periphiral hardware will work without a halfassed converter."

Innovate, but leave everything the same.

#5 User is offline   wardoggie 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Wait, I thought we were all brain-washed members of the Cult of Jobs or something like that? Why should Apple worry about "innovation" when all they need to do is keep making the Kool-Aid® that nourishes us and crank up the Reality Distortion Field® every once in a while?

#6 User is offline   wardoggie 

• Veteran

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postmcobbe, on 29 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Apple must innovate! Innovate, I tell you! Yet...

From a comment on the Washington Post article by "bantheignorant" (I did not make this up):

"As to why I'm hesitating to get an iPhone 5, it's partly due to price and partly due to the fact that I have dozens of incompatible devices now that they "improved?" the plug. Stupid move I think and meaningless as far as useability. Same goes for the new iPad and Mini. None of my periphiral hardware will work without a halfassed converter."

Innovate, but leave everything the same.

That person obviously plugs his/her iOS devices in correctly the first time, every time, or perhaps doesn't know what "usability" means.

#7 User is offline   ingus 

• PipPip

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Respectfully sir, but since you are an antelope/human hybrid with the head of a Mac, I urge you to reconsider accusing other's of inter-species immoral acts.
;)
I'm more of a "Woz" guy...

#8 User is offline   pawhite524 

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

"Steepled hooves... peak bozo... immoral acts with fish...

For those of us who are highly visual in our taking in of written and spoken words I know I just blew 150 amps of fuses by the time I read this masterpiece.

Yikes and thanks!

#9 User is offline   lkrupp 

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

"Nearly three years have passed since Apple last revolutionized the world of consumer electronics, with the release of the iPad."

The really interesting component of this discussion is that if Apple isn't innovating, as the article claims, then who is? Who is "revolutionizing the world of consumer electronics" these days? The answer is nobody then. The other sit back and wait for Apple to do something. Then they turn on the copy machines. Is Samsung, or Microsoft, or HP, or Dell, or HTC, or Nokia, or RIM in the business of revolution? Not hardly.

#10 User is offline   markbyrn 

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Wait, I thought we were all brain-washed members of the Cult of Jobs or something like that? Why should Apple worry about "innovation" when all they need to do is keep making the Kool-Aid® that nourishes us and crank up the Reality Distortion Field® every once in a while?

well Steve Jobs was the master of the reality distortion field and since he's gone, the pundits have predicted the doom of Apple.

#11 User is offline   KPOM 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Apple must innovate! Innovate, I tell you! Yet... From a comment on the Washington Post article by "bantheignorant" (I did not make this up): "As to why I'm hesitating to get an iPhone 5, it's partly due to price and partly due to the fact that I have dozens of incompatible devices now that they "improved?" the plug. Stupid move I think and meaningless as far as useability. Same goes for the new iPad and Mini. None of my periphiral hardware will work without a halfassed converter." Innovate, but leave everything the same.

On a related note, another claim is that Apple needs to release cheaper products, but also improve their gross margins.

#12 User is offline   Kennethfcooper 

• PipPip

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

"Steepled hooves... peak bozo... immoral acts with fish... For those of us who are highly visual in our taking in of written and spoken words I know I just blew 150 amps of fuses by the time I read this masterpiece. Yikes and thanks!

It was the, "puffs thoughtfully on bubble pipe …", that got me. Is this a way to wash your own mouth out with soap before you reply with the words you are thinking?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users