Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Expo Notes: Olloclip's camera lens system comes to the iPhone 5 (video) - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Expo Notes: Olloclip's camera lens system comes to the iPhone 5 (video)

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Post your comments for Expo Notes: Olloclip's camera lens system comes to the iPhone 5 (video) here

#2 User is offline   Timhz3n 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I love the concept of having additional lenses for your iPhone. But the Olloclip has a huge downside -- it's range of lenses. A standard iPhone lens is roughly equivalent to a 35mm lens on a DSLR. That means it's almost wide angle (28mm or less).

But the lenses that Olloclip has are wide angle, fisheye -- ie. very wide angle, and macro. So if you want to do anything from 50mm out to telephoto, you're out of luck. A more useful approach would be to also add a classic 50mm equivalent, and then one at 80mm or 100mm so you can do closeups of people.

Anything longer than that and you run up against the limitations of a camera phone in terms of shutter speed and camera shake. But hey, let's get a bit more range on the tele side of things.

#3 User is offline   Penguirl 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Seriously Macworld, autoplay video with audio? Has no one ever explained to you *why* this is verboten?

#4 User is offline   reddgroom 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Seriously Macworld, autoplay video with audio?

I wholeheartedly agree!! Seriously, doesn't anybody read anymore? Video is a nice option, but if I wanted to be spoken AT, I'd be watching TV.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users