Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Expo Notes: EasyWeb promises a replacement for iWeb - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Expo Notes: EasyWeb promises a replacement for iWeb

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Post your comments for Expo Notes: EasyWeb promises a replacement for iWeb here

#2 User is offline   patriotusa 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Thank goodness. Many if not most people conflate the iWeb hosting services with the iWeb authoring software. While the hosting service grew less useful and less needed over time, there has never been an easier to use Web authoring software system. Most of the iWeb pages I created were not even hosted by Apple. I think Rage is the perfect company to create a successor to iWeb. I always wondered why Apple didn't just sell the iWeb authoring software to someone like Rage.

#3 User is offline   lilnitsch 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

This looks like a promising application. But, I do hope that they bring on the ability to bring my current web hosting with me in short order. I didn't care for MobileMe & I am happy that Apple didn't limit iWeb to MobileMe otherwise I may have never tried iWeb.

#4 User is offline   lvshooter 

• PipPip

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Soooo when are we going to see a demo??? : )

S

#5 User is offline   dkbarto 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

replacement?

Can it import iWeb pages so I can seamlessly transfer from iWeb to their product?

I've got lots of pages and sites that I support in iWeb. Changing to something else will have to be pretty darned easy.

#6 User is offline   boydp182 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

This is great news. I haven't found a suitable replacement yet and still use iWeb. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

#7 User is offline   ThomasG 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

iWeb was great so I can't wait till EasyWeb is ready to download. Hurry up Paul... burn some midnight oil so we can get going guy.

#8 User is offline   bdlatimer 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

I wish these guys all the best, but there has already been a worthy successor to iWeb for quite a few years now: Sandvox by Karelia software: http://www.karelia.com/sandvox/

Easy to use, powerful, a thriving community of users - and simple import of iWeb content: http://www.karelia.c...to-sandvox.html

#9 User is offline   lvshooter 

• PipPip

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Sandvox is "trying" and touting their app as an iWeb replacement...
But being a longtime iWeb user Sandvox gets really frustrating quick! It has a long way to go. It's better then some, but it's no iWeb as far as design capabilities.
I know that iWeb has some short falls, but using add on's like the apps Rage makes really helps.

I hope Rage's app is more like iWeb not Sandvox.

#10 User is offline   artMonster 

• PipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Many people like the way iWeb works and have great hopes for this app. However, EasyWeb's defensiveness about the possible lack of BYO hosting is rather telling and for many (myself included) this will be a deal breaker if I have to use their hosting. On their FB page they make it seem as iWeb does not support updating changes only, and they tout security as a drawback to BYO hosting. I hate having to read between the lines with these guys, but that is the game they are playing prior to releasing this thing. Hope it isn't a Squarespace clone. I would buy a real iWeb replacement in a heartbeat.

If Apple did nothing but keep iWeb functioning through OS updates, I would be happy to keep using it as long as possible.

#11 User is offline   Dragonseer 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

If I wanted to change my site I would continue to use iweb despite it being 'discontinued'... I only ever used it to output to a local folder, make some simple html fixes using dreamweaver before uploading to an Amazon cloud services, fairly easy as these things go

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users